Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jake E Lee\'s two white Charvels

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, it's a waste, but sadly not surprising. i dunno, the past few years have kinda been an excercise in seeing heroes of my past in a much different light. a light i wish never was turned on.

sully

[/ QUOTE ] That's one of the sucky things aboput getting older, when you find **** like this out.
    Sully, COOL AVATAR! Anyone but the **** Yankees!

Comment

Maybe we all should go to Vegas and meet Jake.
      Kick his butt and wake him up.
      Give him couple of Charvels and make him to do some records or clinics at least.
      Hey how about we set up a Charvel/Jackson convention in Vegas and invite him. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (oh! don't forget to visit Ed Roman's store without any appointment. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
      Man... we got to do something about it.
      We do miss his playing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey guys, Of the subject here, but I just recently got turned onto Jake's music. A friend of mine gave me a copy of some Badlands stuff which is killer. What other stuff of Jake's would you recommend? I've got the Ozzy stuff too.

Comment

I think you covered most of his stuff already.
          There are some CDs he played 1 or 2 songs.
          Such as tribute to Randy CD,Japanese female singer's CD, Air Pavilon CD, Jeff Beck tribute album and so on.
          There is a third album of Badlands that you should try to find.
          It's really cool too.
          And it will be a bootleg(Live Video or demo tape) but the project Jake did with Mandy Lion, it is weird stuff but it is good to hear Jake playing there.

Comment

Cool, my buddy just made me a best of badlands cd so I haven't heard all of the CD's yet. So I think I'll look for all the Badlands stuff as well as what you have suggested dinkyjacksonman. Thanks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Maybe we all should go to Vegas and meet Jake.
              Kick his butt and wake him up.
              Man... we got to do something about it.
              We do miss his playing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, let's go over there, flush his Meth, and we'll take turns watching him sleep for six months [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] while his brain tries to mend itself....poor guy. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

This is truely sad news indeed. I'm not the type to have "hero's" and never get star-struck by anybody, but Jake was the closest thing I've had to a guitar hero. A big influence on my playing for sure. Many have remarked about that.
                I'll pray for Jake.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yeah, let's go over there, flush his Meth, and we'll take turns watching him sleep for six months [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] while his brain tries to mend itself....poor guy. [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish it were that easy. I'd be on the next plane out, not to mention helped a friend or two along the way before I lost them.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Jke was the reason i picked up the guitar in the first place, and is definately my hero.

As for the guitars, i own one of his ESP's that he gave back to esp.The charvels---The blue one was given to a singer named ann lewis, whom jake played on several cd's of hers.The others were sold off around 94-95.I know this because his roadie called a friend of mine(owns a guitar store ) and offered to sell him the last charvel he had, which was the white holdsworth style for a grand.My " friend" passed on it!I wanted to kill him and told him to call him back and ill buy it.By the time he did, it was too late.
                    As for the drug thing, i was always under the impression that he was drug free.I wouldve never guessed meth.If its true, i need to know which hotel and i will take my next vacation there to help.
                    Its funny thing about our heroes from the 80's.Whe nwe read about the sex, drugs and partying, we longed to be apart of it.As we get older we start to realize that doing drugs while in your 40's is pathetic, not cool.What do ya do?

Comment

I know what you mean. Sucks, doesn't it? To paraphrase 'The Matrix' "You can show someone the door, but THEY have to open it." Nothing will help that guy or anyone in that predicament unless they want it.

Comment

Bad Seed, which of his techs are you referring to? Was it Ken?

Comment

Wow lots of '80s guitar slingers are in dark days--------Michael Schenker was living in a hotel at one point recently too with a major alcohol problem. And of course Robin Crosby. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

What's sad is that if they had at least made it today, they would have been super rich. In the '80s, the music biz simply didn't pay as much. Young retard bands these days get huge advances on the promise of one MTV hit. Hell Britney Spears made like $25,000,000 in one year alone!! Probably more than 10X what Jake made in his entire career.

Comment

Not sure, but ken sounds familiar.I give my freind a hard time about that all the time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

As for the drug thing, i was always under the impression that he was drug free.I wouldve never guessed meth.If its true, i need to know which hotel and i will take my next vacation there to help.

[/ QUOTE ]

i promise ya, it's true. if i had any doubt, i wouldn't have said anything. i was told this by someone who knew him very very well from back in the day and current times. this person who told me has always been the kinda guy that was non judgmental, and he really coulda talked sh!t, but he doesn't.

sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[/ QUOTE ]

i promise ya, it's true. if i had any doubt, i wouldn't have said anything. i was told this by someone who knew him very very well from back in the day and current times. this person who told me has always been the kinda guy that was non judgmental, and he really coulda talked sh!t, but he doesn't.

sully

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here...I've heard that from former bandmates of his, but I ain't naming names here. It's just a really sad situation even if it's only remotely true. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Jake was a monster, a true showman and influential to me as well as tons of others on this forum, I bet...

Comment

Working...
                                X