Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some news on the Ltd. Edition Bullseye...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some news on the Ltd. Edition Bullseye...

Let's get the bad news out of the way.
    I got this from a premier and reputable Jackson/Charvel dealer.
    There was a mishap with the Bullseye and all bodies were put through the 'ol bandsaw... I don't joke around with stuff like this.
    That is why they are sooo late.
    Makes you wonder if they knew what they were doing to begin with, don't it?

The good news... apparently they are commited to make a first class instrument. After all, they are trying to revive the Charvel line. So this kick-off must be flawless, it hasn't been smooth so far. If this is what it takes to get a faithful reproduction and first class shredding machine, so be it.

The dealer would not give me a date since he didn't know anyway.

The wait continues.... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Re: Some news on the Ltd. Edition Bullseye...

Hmmmm...Newc reported that they were going to start making the bodies on the Fender end.
    Think this might have something to do with it? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would there be any doubt?

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Sometimes I just don't understand the extreme negativity since the FMIC purchase.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Why didn't they just place those bodies in stock for Fender or Charvel use later?
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Is this why on the new Charvel site it says "Out of Stock" when you click on the retro bullseye?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Is this why on the new Charvel site it says "Out of Stock" when you click on the retro bullseye?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured that was because they can't be ordered anymore since the cut-off for orders was some time ago.

But I thought the cut-off for the Retro Stars was also passed, too, and they aren't listed as "out of stock" on the Charvel site.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Let's get the bad news out of the way.
              I got this from a premier and reputable Jackson/Charvel dealer.
              There was a mishap with the Bullseye and all bodies were put through the 'ol bandsaw... I don't joke around with stuff like this.
              That is why they are sooo late.

The good news... apparently they are commited to make a first class instrument. After all, they are trying to revive the Charvel line. So this kick-off must be flawless, it hasn't been smooth so far. If this is what it takes to get a faithful reproduction and first class shredding machine, so be it.

The dealer would not give me a date since he didn't know anyway.

The wait continues.... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, I spoke to Matt today, and he represented that he received an email from Jackson saying that the Bullseyes would be shipping at the end of August. Hmmm...but based on your information, that seems like production's really going to have to ramp up, like "let's start all over again, and do what seemingly took months (remember these bullseyes were "supposedly" due in May/June!!!) in a matter of weeks?!?!"
              [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

whatever.

Comment

"that seems like production's really going to have to ramp up"

I don't know for certain when the mishap, with the bodies, happened. For all we know it happened before the original May/June deadline and pushed everyhting down the schedule. It may have been further delayed while they were trying to figure out what the heck happened.

As far as the "out of stock" thing for the Bullseye on the Charvel website, I would guess that they are strictly producing what was ordred from dealers and no stock units for left over orders in that way avoiding going deeper into the hole after loosing all that time and material.

On the Stars they may build a few extra for additional orders.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  "that seems like production's really going to have to ramp up"

I don't know for certain when the mishap, with the bodies, happened. For all we know it happened before the original May/June deadline and pushed everyhting down the schedule. It may have been further delayed while they were trying to figure out what the heck happened.

As far as the "out of stock" thing for the Bullseye on the Charvel website, I would guess that they are strictly producing what was ordred from dealers and no stock units for left over orders in that way avoiding going deeper into the hole after loosing all that time and material.

On the Stars they may build a few extra for additional orders.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. I've since calmed down from yesterday. And taking a page from "your book", we truly do not know when the "body burning" occurred. Hopefully, FMIC and Mike and Tim will be able to deliver a kick A$$ shred machine by the end of the month. I'm going to try and think positive! thanks Joe.

Comment

Working...
                  X