Modding new Stratheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Modding new Stratheads

if you buy one and want a floyd put on it...then do it...when it's your guitar, do WHATEVER you want to it...it's your property and should play and/or function the way you want it to...it's a guitar, a tool...are you buying it to play and love or to sit in a case in hopes you make money off of it later?...if it's the latter you'd be better off playing the stock market...the reason companies can jack prices on "limited editions" are because so many people have bought into the whole "collectability" thing...remember when every c/j was a custom piece ordered by somebody?...that equals one of a kind, yet now we have "limited editions" of 100 (or in the case of the limited 88...500)?...buy a guitar because it makes you happy...not because you want it to put your kids thru college down the road...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      . For the price you pay for the stock guitar, you can order a GMW or Sully and get it pretty much any way you want it, then throw a Charvel decal on the head and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh...you'll have to go thru a hell of a lot of clear to get the ol' sully logo off! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
      Better yet, get a Performance - same guys that used to build the San Dimas Charvels AFAIK.

[/ QUOTE ]
      nah, different people; the performance guys are japanese dudes that made similarly styled guitars.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

i can't wait for my sully strathead!
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

"out for delivery" are the sweetest yet cruelest words, aren't they? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

mods are cool if you are a player.

Comment

I've modded new, used and abused. It depends on how invasive the mod is. Pickup swap, pretty non invasive unless a route is in the works.
              The one thing that would keep me from going overboard is the ability to restore it to stock. So, if I can restore it to stock at some point, no problem. Adding a floyd in place of a STD trem, ehh, done that too-many of us did that to our strats when floyds were produced. If the guitar is useless to me as a player for what I need it to do, then I mod it until it fits my needs or it will sit, or get sold. Do I regret selling my mid 70's strat neck cause I bought a Warmoth instead.. and then modding the body? To a degree as those are worth some bucks now and the mods will hurt the resale value. So, you never know if it will have some additional value later on down the road. I've bought some guitars, only to find later that they've been modded with a route after removing the pickguard.. mods that are not mentioned are not well received because they're a personalized deal. Unless it suits you, it's useless and now you have a devalued instrument. Some mods can add value for that matter as well.

Now I weigh that against just putting one together from parts to suit my needs instead of buying one and hacking it up....ultimately, this is the path I would prefer to choose.

Comment

Working...
              X