Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Charvel #3316

Here is my Charvel.
    This Charvel is funny because it has a mid 90's U.S.A. made neck that was added by Jackson.
    If you visit Jackson website's custom shop page, you will see these pics of before and after.
    It had a Kahler and a pointly neck originally.
    Jackson Shop put a new neck and Floyd(has recess but the bridge is for low pitch only).

I changed the bridge pickup(it had a Dimarzio PAF Pro)to Dimarzio Tone Zone which I like and changed the center pickup cover to Black one,changed for new mini switches(because when I got it they were all broken),Changed the Knob to Black.

So here is after all.
    It is a great player and has been sitting right next to my GMW.I love the Blue/Silver burst.
    One day I would like to put a pointy neck back on it.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: My Charvel #3316

Beautiful guitar! I love that burst color scheme.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When that day arises you may give me a call, so i can buy that reissue neck off of you :-)
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Love the color [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Did you have Jackson change the neck and add the floyd or did you buy it that way?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When that day arises you may give me a call, so i can buy that reissue neck off of you :-)

[/ QUOTE ]
          Got it!
          The neck is sweet and is oil finished.
          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Love the color [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Did you have Jackson change the neck and add the floyd or did you buy it that way?

[/ QUOTE ]
            No, that wasn't me.
            I bought it the way you can see in the second picture.
            I bought it from a son of the owner who was selling it for his father.
            It was the same last name as you can see in the first 2pics.
            I bet asking Jackson to do this kind of mod would take long time and $$$.
            This is one of very rare modifications done by Jackson in mid 90's as I see this guitar was even documented on thier website too.

Comment

Next week? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I forgot to say that i like your #3316. Stay with a maple neck if/when you make the switch. It looks good as is. Funny about the factory change of neck....
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

If I could find a neck like the one(Maple fingerboard pointy)in the first pic, I would love to have it and change the neck.
                Floyd Rose will stay the way it is.
                [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I've been giving thoughts to having all of my Kahlers replaced with OFR's. From your pictures, it looks like this type of change is barely noticeable. What about the back route...do it look different from what it originally was?

...And by the way... I do like the white headstock [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I've been giving thoughts to having all of my Kahlers replaced with OFR's. From your pictures, it looks like this type of change is barely noticeable. What about the back route...do it look different from what it originally was?

...And by the way... I do like the white headstock [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

joe...

[/ QUOTE ]
                    The rout is smaller than the regular Floyd Recess but deeper.
                    Somehow the trem is for lower pitch only and it doesn't go up.I think it is because the Floyd posts are mounted on the top of the body(not inside of the recess).
                    Which is better because I prefer to block my brige if was floating.
                    I haven't opened the back plate yet.
                    It looks like the same rout as normal back rout for Floyd.

Comment

Nice ax Toru! I really like that colorwith the maple neck. The headstock doesn't bother me that much, but I would rather see a pointy head with a gold logo. Good luck finding one!

Jim
                      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Thank you Jim!
                        I agree.I would love to put a Pointy neck with Maple board one day.
                        The current headstock doesn't bother me at all but I do like pointy too.

Comment

I dig it. Keep the current neck, as the color looks better with a natural maple headstock.

Comment

I think it looks great either way!

Comment

Thanks guys!
                              I agree that it does look good with the natural wood headstock.
                              I wish it was a Strat head.
                              Anyway, probably I will look for a pointy neck and when I find out, I will keep the neck that is on now.
                              Who knows, maybe I wouldn't like the pointy headstock..
                              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X