Charvel Reissue Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Reissue Score

So I've been hankering for something traditional strat-like for a while now. Eventually, I score this...

Mid-90s Charvel San Dimas Reissue Traditional. I believe the color is called Sapphire Blue. Cool color, more towards the violet or purple end of the spectrum than blue.

She's pretty well minty, except for a small clearcoat chip on the back and two very tiny holes in the pickguard where a former owner had a Roland synth PU attached. Damned if these Reissues aren't sweet! Some thoughts...

- I really like the neck. Nice and thin/flat, oiled. Good stuff.

- I swapped out the bridge pickup for a Dimarzio FastTrack2. WOW is that hot! It puts many full-sized humbuckers to shame. Highly recommended. I was originally going to swap out the middle and neck, too, but preferred the hot/cool contrast the OE Dimarzio Virtual Vintages do with the FT2. I gave them white covers to better match the pearloid pickguard, though.

- And I'm very pleasantly surprised that the traditional-style trem stays in tune very, very well. It's not as stable as a Floyd, mind you. But you shouldn't fear a deep dive, either. Or three or four, for that matter.

..And, oh yeah, she's a factory second. Other than the chip, damned if I can't figure out why, though. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Plays great, sounds great.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel Reissue Score

The infamous "2"...

Note the maple dots, not MOP. Coolio.

Comment

That is nice, sm! I noticed that many of the SD reissues Standards and Traditionals has a very "grain-less" type of maple headstock and neck. I wonder if this was specifically chosen for the cheaper models and flame/birdseye for the more expensive models?

Good idea on the white pup covers - looks great!
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Very nice indeed [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Looks like Sperzels as well.

Comment

All the non-locking nut type models (vintage trems) has Sperzel locking tuners. The other models has Gotoh custom tuners.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Way cool bro!!Congrats,nice score!!Chucksplatter

Comment

I had one just like that, love that color! Congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X