84' HOLDSWORTH #3223 is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 84\' HOLDSWORTH #3223 is here!

There is a cool 1982 Guitar Player article on Allan Holdsworth collaboration with Grover Jackson to make this model. Check it out http://archive.guitarplayer.com/arch...sworth82.shtml

Comment

Very nice [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I am very glad to report that I am the new, proud owner of the wonderful Tonesworth # 3223!!!

My friend Romain was indeed quite reluctant to let it go and rightly so, because it is indeed a very special guitar, and I'm sure he, and Keegs before him, will miss it, but I promise I'll take good care of it!

I jammed with it till the wee hours last night, and I would like to post some sound clips with clean, crunch and all out hi gain tones, but I don't know how to do that.
          If anyone can assist, I'll be happy to send him the MP3 files.

Romain described this Allan Holdsworth very well, I can only add that it is super light, perhaps thanks to the basswood body, and the fingerboard radius is very flat.

Yes it is not mint, but it has aged in a really cool way, the white lacquer has slightly yellowed, with lots of little nicks around the edge, sort of in between a "closet classic" and "relic" job, except for it is all honest to goodness wear!

The frets have practically no wear at all, and the volume pot is still tight and not scratchy.

Finally, I would like to thank Tim Rose, Keegs, Romain and whomever might have owned this beast before me, you all contributed to its great vibe, enjoyed its tone and playability, and broke it in in such a graceful way.

I am really happy!!!

Comment

Congrats!!! I think the body is basswood. It has a light vintage feel to it. I only wish the neck was oil...but I guess the gloss neck is what Holdsworth wanted on his guitars from Charvel. Enjoy...I couldn't put it down.

Comment

obvious fake, I'll give ya $600 for the parts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

j/k Nice score, beautiful Holdsworth, congratulations
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Holy Crap! If I had known that was about to change hands...
                Surfreak, if you need to move it, let me know!

Comment

Great score!!Congrats!!

Comment

Nice guitar!!

Comment

Working...
                    X