Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, while in my travels to one of our satellite offices, I decided to stop into a music store that I get to check out once every six months or so. Usually nothing but old & new Gretsch, Gibsons and Fenders and some import Jacksons and BC Rich. I stop in today and looking around I see this purple guitar hanging up and look up at the headstock and see the gold Charvel logo so I pull it down. I flip it over and it has the gold Charvel plate with #2790, it looks all original except the changed neck pickup. Here's a crappy pic from my cam on my computer, but I'll post some good pics on Saturday when I take it over to my brothers and use his good camera. I'm going to take it apart and check the neck pocket, trem cavity and controls after posting. What color is it, purple burst? The best part was the price I got it for- $400 with the original case. I'm already well aware of my crappy picture taking ability [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: #2790

[img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Yep, yer on the "I Hate You And Everybody Who Knows You" list.

Comment

Very cool score!
      I love that maple neck on it.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

HOLY ****!
        Another great score by JCF member..
        Now, you need to sell it to me and buy a digital camera.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          HOLY ****!
          Another great score by JCF member..
          Now, you need to sell it to me and buy a digital camera.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
          I 2nd that

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Yep, yer on the "I Hate You And Everybody Who Knows You" list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I hate him, too? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Congrats, man. Absolutely killer score.

Comment

awesome grab at a terrific price, a very cool guitar. Congrats and enjoy her.
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

great snag congrats!

Comment

Chuck said it best

Congrads on the new guitar, give it a good home and resist the temptation to accept the offers you will recieve this week from JCF members. Play it for a while.....
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Killer guitar John. What's not to like, cool color, maple neck, humbucker, brass vintage trem........ready to sell yet! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

SOB, I was prowling northern NJ last weekend and came up snake eyes as fukin usual. I am damn close to just ordering one new.

Very nice.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

me liky! congrats!

Comment

Sweet find man...lucky bastard you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] j/k Congratulations
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Wow! That's gorgeous! Killer score! I'll give you $401.00 for it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] That way your flippin it for a profit... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys! Definitely not for sale. I walked in thinking I wasn't going to actually buy anything with Big Red hopefully showing up soon, but quickly changed my mind.

It has a Duncan 59 in the bridge, A Kent Armstrong in the neck. I took it apart to check it out and the neck has JJ in pencil and the neck pocket has JJ, Jeff Johnson and what looks like 2649, but the neck screw hole goes right through the 2 so it's tough to tell. Dimarzio pot, ground shield and a lot of dust. I'll post good pics of it on Saturday if anyone wants to check them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X