Vintage San Dimas Collections in Hiding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage San Dimas Collections in Hiding

Ok experts, since I fell off the wagon for a while (charvel collecting) I have lost track of some of the major players who used to have awesome (rare) collections.

There was a guy from NYC (name withheld) that had some incredible ones, including a one-off strat with the charvel logo going from the body down the neck, a bazooka bubble gum graphic, etc. Have these guitars been sold off?

Also, we are fortunate to have access to two great collections (USAcharvels.com and Sandimascharvel.com). How many other massive collections do you estimate are out there "in hiding"?

scv

Re: Vintage San Dimas Collections in Hiding

I know of 3 other collections, off the top of my head that are underground (private) with super nice Charvel collections.

The NYC one you speak of, I think he still has them..he also has the other Harpoon Head Polka Dot V.

I am guessing that there are probably another 5 (other than the 3 I mentioned above) or so nice collections out there that have not been made public.

What is crazy in general is GAS..almost every guitar player has 5 or so guitars these days..its cool!!
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Well, I would not consider mine the largest collection [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], but I think I've got a great start. There are still some pictures I still need to add to my web.

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

<font color="aqua">May I ask why these are kept private? Is it a fear of theft or do these collectors just not get "into" the internet possibly? It would be great to see some of these "marvels of creation" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I think they don't use internet.
          There are some people who still use Fax machines as a tool to send documents.
          Even some serious vintage guitar collectors don't even have digital cameras or scanners at home.

Comment

I think part of it is that they simply don't use the internet. Some people are just intensly private and don't want anyone knowing any of their business...

Jason

Comment

<font color="aqua">That's kind of what I figured. Maybe someday! </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
              X