Schaller tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller tuners

According to the specs listed on the ebay auctions for the EVH art series, and according to the specs listed on www.wildwestguitars.com/charvelguitars.htm, the new Charvels seem to come with Schaller tuners.
    There are no spec about the tuners, neither on the Charvel website nor in the price list.
    Do the new Charvels really come with Schaller tuners?

I know, Gotohs would be historically correct. But Schallers are the best.

What do you think about this? What do you prefer?

Personally, Schallers are my choice. My custom order Charvel came, according to my order, with Schaller tuners. For future custom orders, I will also go with Schaller tuners.
    Schaller
    0%
    Gotoh
    0%

Re: Schaller tuners

i dig gotoh's but I dont mind either one if I had to choose I choose gotoh. Wild west has great stuff and a great web site to boot

Comment

The new Charvels I've seen came with Schallers,I'd prefer the Gotohs probably because I'm just used to them from my old Charvels!!Chucksplatter

Comment

Wild west is ed roman.

Comment

I would say that it depends on the headstock/trem used. For a str@t head with a floyd, I prefer the gotoh's because the hight of the pole is lower, so the string is not have to reverse direction after clearing the string tree located behind the nut.

For a pointy, I like Schallers because the pole height does not matter because the tilt of the head stock eliminates the string changing direction issue (and string trees for that matter.

I hope that made sence. It's been a long day.

I also tend to agree that Schaller makes a (if ever so slightly) better product.
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Either one is a good product. To me it makes no difference.
            I prefer Sperzels over anything else, though.

Comment

Working...
            X