newer charvels? good or ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newer charvels? good or ?

I am interested in these newest stratheads ?
    are they anything like the mojo laden '81 or '82 san dimas's?

Re: newer charvels? good or ?

Start with reading the thread posted at the top of this section.

There are other similar threads in this section, too. Browse through it a little.

Comment

I think the new Charvels have a small container of Mojo in the pick compartment...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I think the new Charvels have a small container of Mojo in the pick compartment...

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwhahahahaha!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Fong

Comment

the new bullseye retro ltd rocks so much. it has the mojo of the older ones except the stupid sticker on the back of the headstock that is a FMIC disclaimer on the rights to the strathead. but other than that, its impressive!

Comment

I was not & still am not very impressed,nice guitars,no doubt,but no comparison to an early 80's strathead Charvel!!

Comment

Oh Chuch, now you've done it [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I was not & still am not very impressed,nice guitars,no doubt,but no comparison to an early 80's strathead Charvel!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just the sort of thing that hurts sales, Mister, and I for one as a Devotee of FMIC won't stand...errr, sit...er.. whatever...for it [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Don't waste your money on those "Retro" money-grab editions - get a USA Standard model. I played one of the USA Standard Stars at Summer NAMM and shortly thereafter got an 83 SD Pointyhead Star. Same neck, same feel, same everything. Plus the Standards are priced a bit more realistically than those Wretch-hoe editions [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Not trying to stir up sh*t,he asked for opinions & I gave mine,just an opinion,& an honest one at that!!

Comment

Chuck, I personally feel your opinion is valid. You are exposed to way more old and new Charvels on a regular basis than most of us will ever see in our lifetimes.

Comment

Well the new standard charvels have the same profile as the bullseyes and old Chuckles appeared to like that guitar ... soooooo
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

thats cause splatter is a charvey snob!!!!

Comment

LMFAO!! Go back & read the first line of his post:
                            "I am interested in these newest stratheads"
                            Kev,you are absolutely right,I am very impressed with the 2002 Bullseye Reissues but they are not a "strathead" which is what he asked about,if the new pointy Charvels have the same neck profile as the 2002 Bullseyes I am sure they're very nice but again,not a "strathead"!! My opinion is based on the new strathead neck profile which I don't think compares to the "mojo laden" early 80's stratheads at all!!& as "Eddie" so eloquently pointed out, I Splatter am a "Charvey snob"!!LOL!!& thanx Jim,much appreciated bro,Chuck"Charvey-Snob"Splatter

Comment

snobby snob snob snob

Comment

Working...
                              X