Gigging with Stratheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging with Stratheads

Hey guys , I own an '82 charvel that has been basically retired from gigging in bars . Its been in its case for the last 12 years ..lol I play it unplugged from time to time . I've been thinking about breaking it out again and gigging with it . I'm apprehensive though because of its obvious value . Any of you guys still gig with your charvel Stratheads ?
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    JB

Re: Gigging with Stratheads

Don't be wimpy collector guy.....keeping it in it's case so that the fuzzy lining feels the love is straight out of Spinal Tap. These guitars were / are meant to be played - now git out there and play it. Who know's maybe some chick will flash you when she's sees how cool the guitar is [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

play it out unless you are keeping it soley as an investment item, frankly theres better investment options avialble than stat head charvels. I say play the hell outta that baby [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Play!
        and got any pix?
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sell it now while you can get something for it...

Comment

Guitars are meant to be played... unless there is serious damage to this guitar break it out and play it... To me mojo isn't a factory charvel... it's a charvel thats been well worn in and loved ...
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

It's worth a few grand give or take, we're not talking about a '59 Les Paul. There are plenty of new guitars that cost that much. Why not play it?

Comment

Depends why you have it!!Unless you own it just to hope the value will increase then play the sh*t out of it bro!!

Comment

I gig with mine. One has sustained damage from it so be sure about what you want out of the guitar! If you have played out a lot before, you know as well as any the perils of mic stands, drunk audiences, disfunctional straplocks, and everything else that happens. Just be careful out there and enjoy your guitar.

IMHO if you've left such a great guitar in its case for 12 years (you didn't record or practice at all with it???) then you have more issues with the guitar than its value. What have you been using instead all this time?
                  www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

chobley,
                    i will be able to help you out my brother
                    go ahead and send me the charvel i will take very good care of it!!! i promise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    i will be playing the hell out of it on stage i have stratheads and they always go to the gig with me hell when i get my 83 rhoads custom i will play the hell out of it
                    so i urge you before it is to late send me the guitar before you regret it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    keep it and play the guitar thats why it was built
                    just my 2 cents

Comment

does this answer your question?...d.m.

and one with charveljunkie's too (it belonged to me at the time [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

diablomozart,
                        how much for the other 2??? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

i've told you before...you can't afford them...lol...d.m.
                          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

give it time my brother i will visit you with another one of my finds [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys ! I'll have to break it out again ..I usually gig with 2 beat up strats and I just cringe to think that anything could happen to the Charvel . Thats why I retired it from bar gigs .If I keep it in the case between sets it will be fine i'm sure . I'll have to throw some new strings on it today and fire up my Splawn amps ..
                              [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              JB

Comment

Working...
                              X