25th and the Bullseye--Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th and the Bullseye--Photos

Chris and I got together last nite to compare our children's college fund money. Those are some lucky kids. Here are some pics, Chris will give a comparison, I assume, seeing as he is an actual guitar player....

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: 25th and the Bullseye--Photos

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    Where was your B/W Bullseye?
    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    NICE!
    [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

There were quite a few nice guitars to be seen and heard, but we really wanted to compare these two specifically.

Hey, where the hell IS my other bullseye?
      [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

You gotta start modding them just like in the old days. First thing you have to lose the back plate. Then you need to add a knob throw a floyd on and change the strap buttons. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ah the good old days wish I could remember them or if I just had all the cool stuff I either screwed up or sold.

Comment

Don't forget Kahlers, mini switches and some stickers.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I was thinking it I just couldn't bring myself to say it [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Also refin is another popular option in old days.
              [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

With a seriously sculpted deeper horn, hand sanded for better access. Then you have to mix your own finish from stuff laying around the garage. I wish I still had my spray painted aria pro. Oh wait I do its in the closet sanded down again. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But I lost some of the hardware and of course the back plate. Thats not even funny

Comment

i thought i had 1 extra case when i fled, i mean left, last night.

Ok - for those who want to know, here goes - First, let me say that it was a truly a pleasure to meet shawn face to face and pound a few brews and oogling over some guitars.

as for the neck comparison, the 25th's neck and the bullseye neck are virtually identical. they both have that smooth as a baby's ass/satin-ish finish on the back. both are 2 11/16 and the back shapes are identical. I know that there are a lot of people that don't care for the new ones - to each his own, but i love these new guitars. i like the all brass trem on the bullseye more that the brass/stainless that's on my 25th. sonically the guitars were virtually identical. The bulleye is a visually stunning guitar, period, end of discussion.

we also threw in the black and white bullseye to see what it felt like. it is a straight up old school san dimas pointy. the neck is thin and fast. the only thing that surprised me was although the floyd is not recessed, it is sitting up about 1/4 of an inch off the body, which i would have thought it was sitting on the body -

lastly if you are looking for an old school san dimas strathead, stick with ebay or pawn shopes. these new stratheads, and i am specifically referencing the necks, are not the old ones, but i also don't feel that the gmw's are either. remember, i'm the guy that rants on about the gmw necks feeling too rough. all this has been hashed over a lot so i won't go there, but suffice it to say that they are all different.

To sum it all up, both the 25th and the bullseye absolutely KICK ASS.

hope i answered all the questions that people may have, if not - ask away

Comment

Whay is the nut size on these, I have seen varying descriptions everywhere-from 1 5/8 to 1 3/4

Comment

The neck on the 25th and the bullseye are the same?
                      Damn...there goes that one.

Comment

I though the Bullseye Retros were 1 & 3/4? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I though the Bullseye Retros were 1 & 3/4?

[/ QUOTE ]

They were supposed to be ..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I though the Bullseye Retros were 1 & 3/4? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not by our ruler. Maybe thats 1 3/4 Canadian.

It is still, to me, just about the nicest neck I have ever felt.

Shawn

Shawn
                            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

USA San Dimas Retro Guitar
                              MODEL NAME
                              USA San Dimas Retro Guitar
                              MODEL NUMBER 286-0000-001
                              SERIES USA Limited Edition
                              COLORS Bullseye Graphic – Red and White
                              BODY STYLE Charvel San Dimas
                              SCALE LENGTH 25.5"
                              NECK Hard Maple
                              PICKUPS 1 Seymour Duncan Model '78 Humbucker
                              PICKUP SWITCHING N/A
                              CONTROLS Master Volume
                              WIDTH AT NUT 1-3/4"
                              FRETBOARD Maple
                              BRIDGE NOS Charvel Brass Tremolo
                              HARDWARE Gold Hardware and Brass Bridge
                              FINISH Gloss Polyester
                              CASE Included
                              NO. OF FRETS 22
                              MACHINE HEADS Schaller
                              UNIQUE FEATURES NOS Charvel Brass Tremolo, NOS Charvel Strap Buttons, Adjustable Truss Rod, Dot inlays,
                              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                              X