• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Strathead - Graphic Colors, Runoff, Others

We're getting down to the wire now. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

So far, we have:

Rear-loaded strat body, alder wood
    Hot Wheels Flames graphic (...barely beat Tiger Stripe!)
    2 hums, EVH (bridge) and '59 (neck)
    1 volume knob, 3 way toggle
    Birdseye maple neck & fretboard, oiled, natural headstock
    22 frets, black dot inlays
    Original Floyd, Gotoh tuners

Final spec questions (...unless I've forgotten something [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ), plus the hardware color runoff... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Black
    0%
    Blue
    0%
    Red
    0%
    Green
    0%
    White
    0%
    Other
    0%
    Black
    0%
    Blue
    0%
    Red
    0%
    Green
    0%
    White
    0%
    Other
    0%
    All Black
    0%
    Zebra
    0%
    All Cream
    0%
    Chrome
    0%
    Black
    0%

Re: Custom Strathead - Graphic Colors, Runoff, Others

Yellow flames on black...
    But see how this changes the other options...On this color scheme I would prefer an ebony board...

Comment

No, sorry, Chuck. That's not how this is working.

The other options have already been decided. That's why I've been putting the finalized specs at the top of each new thread. We decide some stuff, and move on to other specs and/or do run-off questions of the most popular choices if there wasn't a majority decision. Otherwise, we'd be in a never-ending loop of people changing their minds.

Comment

No sheet, sherlock. I know full well how this works. You really don't need to explain the basics to me.

My point, which you seem to have sped right past, was that some of the options will affect other choices, i.e. a black flame job would look cooler to me with an ebony board, but we weren't able to make an informed choice on fingerboard woods without seeing the rest of the story. Kabesh?

Comment

I understood your point perfectly, Chuck. And I agree. It sounded like you were suggesting revisting the already-decided options. So, yeah, I misunderstood that part.

But, depending on the individual's preferences, we'd be stuck in a never-ending loop. Even if you only decide one option a day, some people will want to do spec #1 before #2. While others will want #3 before #1. Get me? No matter how you work it, someone would prefer you do it differently.

Comment

Yeah, I'm well schooled in that problem. Remember that Custom Soloist 1 hum I was trying to get going a couple years ago? There's no way ten or twelve people here can agree on anything. It was a mess, and when I took charge and put my foot down, nobody liked that either.

The inherent problem lies in the fact that you can't build these one step at a time. You have to know all the specs before some of the options can be decided. Some paint schemes don't work with multiple pickups, for example. If I had known that there was a possibility of a black HR flames (with yellow flames, BTW), then back when we were voting on fingerboards I would have voted ebony. See? Everything dictates everything else.

I'm sorry about the attitude attack...that was uncalled for. It's even funnier when I stop to realize this is just pretend anyhoo!

Comment

Man, I may be into this one if it had a Mahogany Body and preferably the neck also, but it should be cool when you get it all together. Jack.

Comment

No prob, Chuck. I didn't take it personally. It's all cool.

Yeah, it is kind of funny when you think about it. I started to get mildly peeved myself when the Tiger Stripe went down in flames. (Pun intended [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) ...And then I went to myself, "Doh!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X