Custom Strathead - Last Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Strathead - Last Questions!

Alrighty gents. We've spec'd a pretty killer sounding axe. If it were ever made, it'd be very, very cool IHMO:

Rear-loaded strat body, alder wood
    Hot Wheels Flames graphic, red flames over black background
    2 zebra hums, EVH (bridge) and '59 (neck)
    1 volume knob, 3 way toggle
    Birdseye maple neck & fretboard, oiled, natural headstock
    22 frets, black dot inlays
    Original Floyd, Gotoh tuners

Thanks to all for participating. It was cool to hear the specs you all preferred. ...Too bad the JCF Custom Shop Generator doesn't have a flames graphic to mock her up with.

The last questions to put her to rest...
    $1700-$1800-ish
    0%
    Thin & flat (more like a pointyhead)
    0%
    Medium thick & rounded
    0%
    1 & 3/4
    0%
    1 & 11/16
    0%
    1 & 5/8
    0%
    $1900-$2000-ish
    0%
    $2100-$2200-ish
    0%
    $2200-plus
    0%
    Me want now! Cost no object, ugh!
    0%

Re: Custom Strathead - Last Questions!

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Weird. Those questions appeared in the exact opposite order that I put them in. Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

And she's done. Final specs are:

Rear-loaded strat body, alder wood
      Hot Wheels Flames graphic, red flames over black background
      2 zebra hums, EVH (bridge) and '59 (neck)
      1 volume knob, 3 way toggle
      Birdseye maple neck & fretboard, oiled, natural headstock
      1 & 11/16ths nut, 22 frets, black dot inlays, thin & flat backshape (more like a pointyhead)
      Original Floyd, Gotoh tuners

Cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds great!
        Natural headstock? with Strat headstock?
        That would be great.
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Killer axe for sure.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Wow! This Charvel might be very cool!

What do you think about a matching headstock, like this one?

Comment

Toby that is sick.
              Do you have pics of the whole thing?

Me likes.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Toby that is sick.
                Do you have pics of the whole thing?

Me likes.

[/ QUOTE ]
                I think you already know her. The pics are in the gallery.

Here are the other pics.

I would like to have a 2nd and a 3rd one, with black and with white background color.

Comment

I want one with San Dimas plate.
                  All about mojo.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome, now I would buy that, and like DJM said, a "San Dimas neckplate". [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] How can I get one???
                    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Toby, I want one like yours. How did you get it? Does Charvel have a custom shop like Jackson? I can't find it??
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Toby, I want one like yours. How did you get it? Does Charvel have a custom shop like Jackson? I can't find it??

[/ QUOTE ]

The making of the first real Charvel guitars started in 1979 by Grover Jackson, after Wayne Charvel sold his parts and kits shop to Grover Jackson. When Grover introdeuced the new Rhoads and Soloist models, he used the Jackson name for the new neckthru models and the Charve logo for the traditional bolt-on models. Both Charvels and Jackson are built at the same facility and by the same craftsmen. Charvel/Jackson is the first custom shop in the world. Until around 1990/1991, all USA Charvels and Jackson have been built to custom order only.

It's simply to get a custom shop Charvel. Just write your specs down, and add diagrams if necessary. Bring or send your custom order to a Charvel/Jackson dealer. He will forward it to Charvel/Jackson. The custom shop will send a quote to the dealer. If you accept the quote and after your deposit is done (custom orders are noncancellable and nonrefundable), the custom order will become effective. Then the wait begins. My wait was 14 months. I know some peopkle who had waiting times up to 18 months.

You'll find the custom shop section in the Charvel pricelist. The Charvel pricelist is available for download here: www.fender.com/resources/pricelist/pdf/Charvel.pdf

Comment

Toby - stop teasing, we all know that you ordered that from europe before Jackson/Charvel got bought by Fender. I bet you that if you try to order that exact same guitar right now that you will be lucky to get the phone call telling telling you to get lost.

Glad you were in europe so you could get it but I would be very surprised to learn that Fender would let Jackson do that again.
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Toby - stop teasing, we all know that you ordered that from europe before Jackson/Charvel got bought by Fender. I bet you that if you try to order that exact same guitar right now that you will be lucky to get the phone call telling telling you to get lost.

Glad you were in europe so you could get it but I would be very surprised to learn that Fender would let Jackson do that again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to tease. The topic of this discussion (not initiated by me) is a Strathead project. If it really would be possible to get a JCF run as a limited edition, then I think a matching headstock finish would be worthy to be discussed. Since I have a headstock finish (designed by myself) matching to the body finish, I posted a pic of the finish. Somebody asked me to show more pics, and I did it.

When I ordered the guitar, nobody had an idea that this would be the last one Strathead (for the moment). It was just a lucky timing.

Yes, my luck is that I am living in Europe and that I ordered the guitar from here. But ordering from Europe also means increased European prices. My sales price here was around 150% of the sales price in USA. If I have to accept to pay so much more because of the increased European prices, I also want more value for the extra money - otherwise I order through USA dealers.

I don't believe that I can get a Strathead again at the moment, regardless of where I am living. But I can imagine, that Fender will allow Charvel to build Stratheads as a regular custom option somewhere in a few years. Maybe it's a merketing strategy to get us all first buying pointies, and later when we all have tons of pointies, then they know they will get us all to buying Stratheads too.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              If it really would be possible to get a JCF run as a limited edition, then I think a matching headstock finish would be worthy to be discussed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toby, it was discussed. Errr, polled, to be more specific. You must've missed this one:

Previous Poll

Matching headstock lost by a wide margin to natural. Nothing against your guitar's, of course. It looks killer. But, to quote Sabbath, "the mob rules!" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X