Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel EVH Art Series are limited ones?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel EVH Art Series are limited ones?!

i talked to the jackson-agent at my local musicstore here in germany today, and he told me, that the "normal" EVH art series models are limited here in europe to 50 of each colour.
    i´m not talking about the "handstriped art series" which they are selling over ebay.

i allways thought, that this is a normal production-run without a limit.
    does anyone heard something different?

Re: Charvel EVH Art Series are limited ones?!

Read the press release on the Charvel page. It states and I'm not quoting , that the striped guitar are a limited run(less than 1000 of each color?). Then there will also be a exact replica of his white/red/black that is supposed to be limited to 100 pieces. Think about it except for collectors and fans, who is gonna want one of these to play on stage? Don't get me wrong I'm ordering one, but it would be a huge bonehead move for EVH to have left Peavey to go to Charvel to produce just the Replica guitars, I think they have a very limited appeal to players. They will sell everyone they make, and leave a demand for those who didn't get one, but if they were to be a regular mass produced guitar, you would see alot of them sitting in stores. Your not talking about $200 homepainted bodies your talking about 3K+(MSRP) Guitars.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

If harder to find in Europe, you can always buy one from one of the JCF dealers.
      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

i read the press release at charvel and it doesnt say anything about the production models being limited in number it says the replica model will be limited to 100 but i think the others are full on production but i do agree that they will probably end up being fairly rare when its all said and done because only fans and strathead junkys will pay the extra cost and i might be 1 of them

Comment

AFAIK, bluebullet has it correct. To the best of my knowledge, it is as follows:

- EVH Art Series (hand striped by "the man"): limited production, numbers TBD.

- EVH Frankenstrat replica: limited to 100 pieces, probably to be introduced at Winter NAMM '05.

- EVH Art Series: regular production model. So far, no announcement about limiting the numbers or order period.

I have heard about some dealers claiming that the latter are limited production. AFAIK, this is not true. I suspect that, depending on the dealer, this is a combination of misunderstanding and [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] . I expect some dealers simply misinterpreted the press release's discussion about the Franky replica to also mean the production guitars are limited. And then there may be some unscrupulous others who are bulls****ing customers to justify a higher-than-usual markup.

On the other hand, though, I would be surprised if the production guitars are truly unlimited. I suspect that, in the end, they will actually be a limited edition. But, for now, the order period and production numbers are "open-ended", if you will. TBD later. ...That's speculation on my part, though. So only take it as such.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            i read the press release at charvel and it doesnt say anything about the production models being limited in number it says the replica model will be limited to 100 but i think the others are full on production but i do agree that they will probably end up being fairly rare when its all said and done because only fans and strathead junkys will pay the extra cost and i might be 1 of them

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct I misread the press release. It was referring to the Hand Striped Ebay Guitars. Like I said in my previous post, they better have a broader plan for his sig. line (if that's what these are) than just stripped replicas, cause after the initial frenzy, I think they are gonna end up sitting on alot of inventory.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

As far as I know the Art Series is not limited production.

Matt
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

there you go matt gives it to you straight as usual

Comment

Working...
                X