New Charvels (pointies) Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Charvels (pointies) Review

If someone would buy my Suhr, I would grab this.

Or this:

Or this...

Comment

I really dig the Yellow-w-gold-pearl one. It's been all I can do to not pick up the phone.

...Must...wait...til...NAMM

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I loved the way the red one looks but it has a huge neck on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Are you talking about the Red one at Winter NAMM that RacerX is/was holding? with the brass Floyd? If that's it, I have that one and it has become my main player - I love it to death.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there was a "Ferarri Red" (same color I ordered mine in) Standard with a Single humbucker, v-trem, and rosewood fretboard that was at summer NAMM.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Which is at the store in Chicago now.

Comment

This?
            http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar...?guitar=583138

Comment

Yes. That's it. I was excited to hear that the RGF and the Copperhead came here. (I'll get another shot at playing 'em)
              Occupy JCF

Comment

GMWEmpire, it's funny that you say that they feel like GMWs because I recently bought a hot rod flames body from Lee Garver at GMW which looks so stunningly similar to the one here,

http://www.wildwestguitars.com/charvelhome.htm

Now it's possible that the paintjob was done by the same person but the Charvel seems really expensive at $2830. I put a Warmoth neck on mine and it looks nearly identical to the Charvel but with a strat headstock. I think I am into that guitar for about $1200 and it absolutely smokes. Just my 2 cents. I am sure the Charvel is amazing as well, but it better be for the price.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Now it's possible that the paintjob was done by the same person but the Charvel seems really expensive at $2830.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be because it IS the same person. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Dan Lawrence does the graphics for both GMW and Charvel.

And that price you're citing for the Charvel is manufacturer's list price. Obviously, the dealer will give you a good discount from there. Nothing against the GMW. They're awesome guitars, as well. But you're doing an apples-to-oranges price comparison.

Comment

Vito I was talking about this one.
                    Red Charvel
                    The retro look to it just kills me. beautiful guitar.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      If someone would buy my Suhr, I would grab this.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] Man, I'd keep that SUHR!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        GMWEmpire, it's funny that you say that they feel like GMWs because I recently bought a hot rod flames body from Lee Garver at GMW which looks so stunningly similar to the one here,

http://www.wildwestguitars.com/charvelhome.htm

Now it's possible that the paintjob was done by the same person but the Charvel seems really expensive at $2830. I put a Warmoth neck on mine and it looks nearly identical to the Charvel but with a strat headstock. I think I am into that guitar for about $1200 and it absolutely smokes. Just my 2 cents. I am sure the Charvel is amazing as well, but it better be for the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also use warmoth strat head necks(maple/maple)
                        i get mine with the wizard profile and the vintage/modern construction
                        love em to death for the measly $150 a neck i paid!
                        slap em on a alder pre painted body and all the other goodies and you got a great charvel type guitar for under $1200! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is GMW? I'm not up on all the acronyms! Love the gold metallic, by the way. But I'm a rosewood or ebony fretboard kind of guy.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Sorry for the ignorance, but what is GMW? I'm not up on all the acronyms! Love the gold metallic, by the way. But I'm a rosewood or ebony fretboard kind of guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.gmwguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                            X