charvel wolfgang in the future ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel wolfgang in the future ?

now that ed has left peavey and he made sure to keep the design rights to the wolfgang do you think charvel will be making wolfgangs in the future they would probably sell more of those than the striped ones i have to admit the thought of a charvel wolfie is kind of interesting

Re: charvel wolfgang in the future ?

I doubt they will. I think fender and charvel want to keep their stuff associated with just fender and charvel. Where as anybody who sees a wolfie thinks Peavey or EB/MM.

Comment

I 2nd that. I doubt they would make a Wolf. I wonder if they will kill the 5150 too. Peavey has Satch and GL now so maybe the EVH 5150 series will end.

Comment

I predict an EVH signature hot rodded plexi reissue from Marshall. That would kick ass.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That would be cool. Maybe it could retail for way too much money like the EVH Charvels. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i see on the musicians friend website that the 5150 is in limited supply so yeah i dont think peavey is goin to be making those either but im tellin you somebody is going to be making wolfgangs he owns the design and hes going to want to make money off of it

Comment

My god, I hope the hell not!!! I've always felt that the wolfgang was one of the most butt-ugly designs I've ever seen. If Charvel tries that one, I'd say thumbs down!
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, I always hated the wolfgang design too. I was soooooo stoked to see Eddie playing a Strat body again.

Comment

I have a Wolfgang. Great axe, it'd be a nice addition to the C/J lineup.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

I have one too. Great playing guitars. The shape kinda grew on me. My favorite backshape of any neck. I don't see Fender wanting to make them but who knows.... The Plexi EVH series would rock! Talk about going full circle...

Comment

I think the wolfy shape is pretty cool. It's a guitar that fits you really well in every way, from neck to body. Who the hell knows what will happen but I know if Charvel get their hands on it then we'll get something cool.

Truthfully, I just want a Wolfy with the Charvel name on it!
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I've always felt that the wolfgang was one of the most butt-ugly designs I've ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The Wolfy's shape has never appealed to me.

It would surprise me if it became a Charvel offering. Not completely out of the realm of possibilities, either, though. (...Pricewise, there'd need to be an import version, though.)

Actually, I would be more surprised if EVH does anything more with Charvel. (Outside of the current plans, I mean). From EVH's perspective, his deal with Charvel was probably a win-win-win. a) It gave him great negotiating leverage for redoing his deal with Peavey or going to another manufacturer altogether. (Notice that, so far, it's been limited to his "old" non-Wolfy designs? That gave him time to shop around with different manufacturers.) b) He's making a nice chunk of change outside of a "full" endorsement deal, ala Wolfy. c) It created a lot of hype around the EVH "name" to get manufacturer reps drooling about hopes for their own deal with him.

Pretty damn smart on his part. (...Or his reps?) And - even if there's nothing more to come from their deal - pretty damn smart on Charvel's, too.

Comment

Shreddermon summed it up perfectly, I think.

Comment

good points. probably the right situation at the right time.

Comment

I've probably been living under a rock but was it announced somewhere that EVH left Peavey and severed ties? I'd love to read the offical announcement.

Comment

Working...
                              X