1983 Charvel Info - Interesting Factoids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1983 Charvel Info - Interesting Factoids

GC never showed me a price list when I ordered mine in `83. I always felt that I may have paid a little more than I should have. But after seeing the price list, I now realize that I got a really good deal.

Comment

Funny, I paid fair for 1758 new.

Mike, "neck thru guitar" $300...?

Was it possible to get a neck thru strat?
      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Cool info,thanx Greg & Lance!!

Comment

I was just think that... neck thru strat head one hum floyded guitar... damn I wish I had a time machine...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

wow, those were pretty expensive. for some reason i was thinking they were a little cheaper. if a rhoads was 1500 in 1983, the price really isn't that different now. that's pretty cool.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I paid $1,300 and change for a custom Soloist in '86. When you consider what a new USA Select will go for now, I have a hard time rationaliing complaints about the recent price increases.

As to a neck-through Charvel strat, I never understand why that option surprises people. Everything was custom back then. No limits. So, although not many folks thought to do it, why should it be a surprise that it could have been done? ...And still can, for that matter. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] (No strathead, though. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] )

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I have a hard time rationaliing complaints about the recent price increases.

[/ QUOTE ]
                dude, you're an accident waiting to happen when Ron catches up with this thread!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                anyway, pretty cool that the guitars have actually gone down in price! But I guess you could just compare Charvel-back-then to one of the small boutique builders of today...small volume often means higher prices, but quality should be top notch.

Comment

Working...
                X