Custom Shop Charvel/Headstock help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom Shop Charvel/Headstock help!

So, on the Charvel Custom Shop price guide it offers the pointy headstock and "san dimas" What is the San Dimas headstock if it's not a strathead?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      So, on the Charvel Custom Shop price guide it offers the pointy headstock and "san dimas" What is the San Dimas headstock if it's not a strathead?

[/ QUOTE ]

"San Dimas" is the psuedo-strathead.

I'm the odd man out here. Unlike others, I don't find it offensive. It's OK. But I much prefer and would LOVE a real custom strathead (...hello, FMIC??!!).

Anyways, I'd agree with the others and go with a pointy, but for different reasons. Generally, pointies go better with graphics. And if you're going to have the head painted to match the body, definitely pointy. I'm not a big fan of painted stratheads, pseudo or real. Unless they're natural, it looks aesthetically odd, IMHO.

Sounds cool, though. I might do a bengal myself, actually. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Pointy.

I´m starting to get the feeling that the "real" Stratheads will keep popping up every so often on Retro or Anniversary or models, or on the occasional Odd run, but will never be available as an option... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

pointy

Comment

I think it depends on what you are getting on the body, in your case the Graphic would tend to lend itself to a Pointy..but I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a Custom as well, and am going with the pseudo strathead. I like how it looks on my PC1, and since I'm going with the birdseye maple board and neck, a natural (not painted) pseudo strathead with gold hardware matches that combination IMHO. Besides it's what YOU like that ultimately matters. Its your cash being dished out. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ken

Comment

POINTY REVERSE for a Lynch. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll second the Reverse Pointy!!!

Comment

I would third the reverse pointy for a Lynch. That would be killer.

I ordered a CS pointy a few months ago from Matt- let the waiting begin!

BTW - If it matters to you, you may want to ask that the guitar ship with a "3D" original style neckplate (it may take longer, but at the rate that the CS appears to be going - it may also not matter as I think they are a least one year behind anyway). If you do not specify, you may end up with a Fender-style "etched" plate (see Nix's pics above).
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Go with the Pointy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Pointy it will be! non reverse, I have a Charvel Predator that is a great guitar except that pointy headstock looks like ass! IMHO. I wish it was regular!

Comment

psuedo pointy.... lol. or just pointy....

Comment

strat head

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            strat head

[/ QUOTE ]

You wish.
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Or you could find a GMW Lynch strathead, used of course.
                              Or go with the pointy and search high and low for a real Charvel strathead neck, have it painted to match, and alternate between the two necks, depending on mood.

Comment

Working...
                              X