EVH RWB #55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH RWB #55

I know there are already 2 post for the EVH guitars, but since this a a mix of the 2 I thought I would start a new one. I received my RWB EVH production series today. I was quite suprised when I opened it, the colors seemed alot less vibrant than I expected. It had been posted here from one of the guys a WWG, that they were told that they shouldn't have recieived a RWB guitar when they got their shipment in, something to the nature that Ed was not happy with the way they turned out. I was aware of this when I found #55 but ordered it anyway to match the Hand Striped WB #55 I have. Here is the thing when you look at the guitar you can see tape marks all over it(where the layers of paint were sprayed over) and there is alot of running of the paint. Granted if you stand a foot or 2 away your not going to see it. My question is do you guys think this is how it was supposed to look or as was stated before they F**CKED UP the paint on these. If so what should I do, I really want to keep #55, but does it really make a difference later if the paint on this one or other early RWB don't match later models paint. I know this is kind of petty, but I would think on a $2000+ guitar the paint should be perfect. Anyways here are the pics, be warned they are on a average almost 3 megs each.
    EVH 55 PICS
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Re: EVH RWB #55

I think it is very cool and being a little sloppy is cooler IMO as it is more true to EVH home made stuff. Great guitar!
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I agree with you 3333. In fact I called out the tape marks in my post I believe. The red is definitely not as bright as I expected. I'm curious to hear what happens with the WWG guitar.

Otherwise what do you think of it?
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Nah, I'm not waiting that long for the pictures to load. Your server can't handle that size very well.

Anyhoo, for 2k it should be perfect. I don't believe they screwed them up on purpose.

Comment

Hey Hippietim, I like the guitar alot. I won't be getting rid of it. I am curious too about the WWG RWB. So I'm assuming yours has the same kind of "paintjob". And Chuck there should be no problems accessing the pictures you dont have to make them full resolution unless you double click on the expanded photo.
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Hey Hippie, I just went back and read your post when you got your guitar, and you are so right, something odd about the strings, they're grippy(sp?) not sticky the just seem to not be easy to slide around on.

Comment

I think the matching number thing is as cool as it gets.
              If these were homemade EVHs then runs and tape marks should be expected. But coming from the factory and costing 2g's, runs and tape marks are unacceptable.
              Your other EVH that went to Ed himself doesn't have runs or tape marks. At least I remember you posting about any in your other thread. Why should the production version have them?

Comment

For that much money, it should be perfect. The trem cavity is a mess. Take the 2k and get a Suhr.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I think the matching number thing is as cool as it gets.
                  If these were homemade EVHs then runs and tape marks should be expected. But coming from the factory and costing 2g's, runs and tape marks are unacceptable.
                  Your other EVH that went to Ed himself doesn't have runs or tape marks. At least I remember you posting about any in your other thread. Why should the production version have them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the White one isn't perfect it has a few runs, but I wasn't expecting that one to be, the difference being one was done on some guys table probably with a smoke or drink in one hand. The other was supposed to been done in a custom shop factory type setting.

Comment

Eh. Who gives a f**k? As long as it's cool and not a signiciant flaw.

IIRC, Dan was doing the paint. More likely than not, he was attempting to mimick the original. But, without talking to him, no one will ever know for sure.

Comment

Overspray and tape marks? That MAKES it an EVH, IMO.

But then again, I'm not going to buy one. But that wouldn't bother me.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

How about a close up pic?
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Those pics aren't close enough for you? It's really hard to get it to show up in the pictures. When you go to the pic site, click on the picture it will get larger then click on it again to get the full resolution picture. Check out the picture of the lower horn you can see alot of run and lines in the paint there.

Comment

Opps, sorry, missed the clink. It actually does not look to bad to me. Not my thing, but I guess I would have to take the time to compare it to one of the hand striped ones.
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Keep it Vinnie. I played the WWG EVH RWB. It's nice. Aside from the "tomato" red color, it plays "unchained" and "panama" by itself!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X