• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebag San Dimas Charvel in action

Just download the early Pantera video file called
    "All over tonite"

https://filebox.vt.edu/users/lau0214...bag%20Tribute/

Re: Dimebag San Dimas Charvel in action

very cool stuff..thanks for that link. Cool seeing the Charvel in action..Dime sounded very EVHish in that song. Very cool.
    Thanks
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I tried to download it and it kicked me off...maybe its because I am sitting in the airport on my laptop with one of those stupid sprint modem cards.

Jason

Comment

shoot me your email and I will send it to you

[email protected]
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          very cool stuff..thanks for that link. Cool seeing the Charvel in action..Dime sounded very EVHish in that song. Very cool.
          Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more along Def Leppard High and Dry/Pyromania era.

Comment

Yea, I thought it was old Def Leppard..well especially the style of singing.

Comment

Very 80's and cool to see and Yeah, a little Def Leppard-ish.

Comment

Very 80's, man could he rip. He will be missed...

Comment

Is that Phil on Vocals????

Comment

I guess I can see the Def Lep angle for the song as aw hole but to me his playing (especially the fills and solo) was EVHish...great video.
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I thought it was pretty EVHish as well. What the hell was that fuzz EVH looking thing in the solo section? A parody of Diamond Daves fuzzy guitar?
                      (hence the 'Diamond Darrell'?)
                      Yeah, I can see some Def LP in this, but even the moves post solo with the shot his coming towards the camera with the Charvel were very Eddie..not many people didn't emulate Ed to degree back then. You can definitely hear Darrell's style taking form in his tone, the writing, playing back then.

I was wondering if that was Phil too but I think it may be their first singer Terrence Lee. They had a few singers that took up the post in '86 before going with Phil it seems.

Terrence Lee (a.k.a. Terry Glaze): - Vocals (from 1982-1986)
                      David Peacock: - Vocals (1986)
                      Donny Hart: - Vocals (1986)
                      Matt Lamour: - Vocals (1986)
                      (info courtesy of expage.com and rivetheads.com)

I never was a huge Pantera fan, I got turned onto them by my ex girlfriend who was really into metal/death metal far more than myself.

When I heard his playing on Cemetary Gates, that was when I really took notice of his talents and that really wasn't until 101 proof came out. I probably saw them once or twice, but they weren't the headliner.

I look at these guys format and their background had alot of Van Halen type similarites. Even their Father helped form their own label.

Pantera History link
                      click on the tabs under the logo.

Comment

Thanks Man.... I appreciate the info and the link.

Comment

That was Terry Glaze on vocals.
                          You guys are right on about the influences. I remember how much the band liked the Def Lepard High and Dry album.
                          Edward was a huge influence on Darrell. Back in the early days he had a black Hondo Charvel copy with yellow tape on it. Didn't play it much but it looked cool.

One of the best moments I remember was going over to his house and hearing him at 15 years old playing the tapping part of eruption through a Roland Space Echo and his Yamaha practice amp.
                          I had just started playing metal and had never seen anyone
                          play like that live. He definitely had the gift and was
                          nice enough to show me some stuff.

Funny thing is when he showed me the standard pentatonic scale, he called it the "Darrell Abbott" scale. Wish I still had the pages where he wrote out the tapping part of Eruption for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Very cool, thanks for the link.

Comment

Was there a video for the first song off the "Projects in the Jungle" albumn called "All Over Tonight" ? I don't see that video there now but another video of a song called "Heavy Metal Rules" which is also from Projects. If anyone has it, I would greatly appreciate a email.

Comment

Working...
                              X