dinkyjacksonman & charvel junkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dinkyjacksonman & charvel junkie

Yea, I miss them all just like I miss my ex-girlfriends.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yea, imagine a 19-20years old kid with these Strathead Charvels and some of celeb owned guitars?
      Amazing time of my life....

Comment

I'm sure it would be nice to have them back, but it sure is cool as heel that you owned them to begin with. Most of us will never be able to make that claim.

Great read!
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

That is cool. Too bad you unloaded them (but I know we all have a few guitar that I never should have sold stories, its just that yours may be a lotter cooler tham mine!).
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

man i have got to have that green strat head, it is killer! would there happen to be any pics of this esp we are hearing so much about?

Comment

I am still looking for some pics.
              I will be posting them later tonight.
              Only the problem is it is not a Charvel U.S.A.
              ESP.. it doesn't belong to this forum.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              The neck was U.S. made and the neck profile was based on older San Dimas though...

Comment

anyone possibly know where that green strathead is? i think its exactly what im looking for at the moment.

Comment

The neck and body were sold separetely.
                  So as a guitar, it doesn't exist.

Comment

WHY!?!? man why do people do that! any clue on where those parts might reside anyway? i guess i could piece it back together..

Comment

You will never get the body because it has been sent into the great unkown.lol.The neck went onto the hot rod flames repro if im not mistaken.

It was a parts guitar by the time Toru got it, so dont ride him for parting it out.I still regret not scoring the body at the time. my email was screwing up so Toru would recieve my emails 2-3 days later.Oh well, its in a good home,no doubt restored.

Comment

i just love maple fretboards, green paint, dual hums and floyds! i would have been all over that thing as it is just like i would like to get from gmw but with a recessed floyd.

Comment

Dave, The HRF guitar is a completely different guitar.
                          I have a picture somewhere when the guitar didn't even have the finish on the body and was natural.
                          I also bought that from Kei.
                          I sent the guitar to GMW to have that graphic and some work.

As for the Green Charvel, yes it was a parts guitar and I actually wanted to keep the neck only.
                          So I first sold the body with the parts and the neck later.

Why people do this stuff? well it started when Eddie made it popular.
                          You know swapping neck/body stuff... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                          Even Eric Clapton had to use several 50's Strats to come up with that famous Blackie with the best parts of all.
                          [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

As for the GMW, you should go for it.
                            The main reason I ended up selling all these Charvels is because I was able to get something based on these old Charvels but with some updated features such as heel cut by the neck joint,better placement of volume knob and so much cheaper.
                            Don't get me wrong. I am not saying GMW is better but they can build me something real close to what I really want.
                            My GMW Dinky is the good example.
                            Nothing plays like this and it plays by itself.
                            I had maybe 30 Dinky shape guitars in the past and this is the best.
                            Everytime I pick it up and play, I thank Lee for this amazing guitar....I had to let everything go and keep this.
                            Now this is getting out of topic.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

very cool stories guys! [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

Can you PM me some pics of this one? I'd like to see the neck joint Lee did for you
                                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                                X