Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finally joined the club...whooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally joined the club...whooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

<font color="yellow">Thanks to Blood Splatter (Chuck Splatterpuss [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) I have finally joined the ranks of Charvel USA owners [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I want to publicaly thank Chuck for his help, advice, friendship, and sheer knowledge of these guitars that he has always given freely to me. Thank you Mr Splatter [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

The guitar is not all original, but rather Chuck built me a very nice period correct (83/84) Charvel. The current specs are:

1 hum/1 vol Duncan 59' Kahler Pro
    22 fret pointy w/rosewood w/Floyd locknut
    original San Dimas Charvel neckplate( [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img])

The guitar is awesome as is, but after talking to Chuck and discussing some of my options, we have decided upon a cool idea which will be done in the near future.

I am not going to disclose that yet, as I don't want to give it away. I think Chuck and maybe a few others may know what I want to do but are sworn to secrecy under penalty of the Min Pin o' Death's wrath [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lets just say that it will be unique, totally cool, and something that everybody will like I think and appreciate.

I have nothing to lose by doing it, as it is already a parts mutt and I think this will enhance the guitar.

So, thanks to Chuck for your friendship, and everybody else here who has helped me whether it be directly or indirectly.

</font>

Re: I finally joined the club...whooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

looks nice.. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you Samster,it's been a great time bro,really appreciate the friendship too!!&amp; that guitar is killer,awesome f'n neck,the details of which will be revealed in time!!LOL!!Too cool,congrats Charvel owner,happy I could help &amp; very happy you like it so much!!You're f*cked now!!LOL!!

Comment

<font color="yellow">Yeah....thanks Chuck....my Min Pin is now on a street-corner turning tricks to support my newly acquired Charvel addiction [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Do you realize how hard it is to find sequined Spandex to fit a Min-Pin [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Did you try the Classifieds??LOL!!

Comment

Did you think maybe a PICTURE would be an appropriate addition to your post, num-nuts? [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img] "Oh, my Charvel is so very cool and blah blah...but you just have to take my word for it..."

Jeezuz...you and Splatter...not too hot on the photo thang, are ya?

Fix that.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Honestly Chuck....it isn't the greatest looking Charvel on the planet bro [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It has a large block in the neck pickup area and has been sanded down in spots to level out the added 5-way switch and Roland synth pup.

The neck looks great and if Chuck Splatter hadn't told me of the dot "issue" which I wouldn't have cared anyway, I wouldn't have known about it.

It does play/sound awesome tho...I will say that [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm going to post a lot of before pics of the guitar and definitely after pics after Lee works his magic. He's actually excited about it I think and I'm sure it is gonna be killer [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Cool!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

PIIIIIIIICSS!!!
                  [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The parts mutt club! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

<font color="yellow">Ron, what's wrong with a Charvel parts mutt?

The neck is from 83', the body is an 84, and the plate is #4165.

Everything is era correct. </font>

Comment

Hey sam did it take you awhile to get used to playing a scalloped neck?

I am actually surprised that more Charvel necks weren't altered/modified with scalloping, especially noting the popularity of scalloped boards back in the day.
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Chuck is the man!

And Pics are coming when?
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

<font color="yellow">Tracy...it sounds weird and it doesn't make sense, but you really don't feel anything different, but at the same time, it feels foreign in that you don't feel the wood underneath your fingertips...just fret.

It is much more noticable on the Jackson where the scallops are more dramatic than the Charvel, but the Jackson just PLAYS!

The profile and feel of both necks is almost identical and have a nice, worn in feel to them.

If you are interested in scalloping, I'd definitely try it out on a aftermarket neck to see if you like it before altering one of your killer Charvels or Jackson's tho [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

If you ever come to NC, stop by.... </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              And Pics are coming when?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Chuck can post whatever pics he wants to as it was his guitar and baby and I'm not going to tell him differently [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

But, what we've planned is a before, during, and after thread when it is back from GMW to show the whole restoration/modification process in its entirity.

It should be a cool thread, I'm going to ask Lee for his steps/process for his part to add those if he gives me the details so we can all benefit from it or at least gain some insight into it.

I'm really excited for a bunch of different reasons. It's my first USA Charvel, it's my oldest Pointy, and it is the first time I've modded a guitar this extensively. </font>

Comment

Working...
                              X