Pre Pro EVH ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre Pro EVH ?!

IMO, there shouldn't have been any issues with packing this guitar, especially THIS guitar... I certainly wouldn't leave it up to some "kid" to do it, by any means!

You guys know my thoughts, nothing too familiar here, too bad it was this guitar tho, a shame indeed. I just hope it works out for Rob...

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Man, that sucks. I don't think I'd buy a glass of water from KE if my hair was on fire

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I have not been able to see any pictures and I am making a shot in the dark guess but given that many (if not most) Charvel guitars of that vintage have the stress cracks and chipping at the neck pocket...is it possible this damage was already there? From reading Rob's review of the situation, it was not crystal clear if he'd seen pictures of the neck pocket, only an in-hand description.

While it is certainly possible it was damaged in shipping, it stands to reason a chipped/cracked finish is consistent with Charvels of the era. Given the guitars I have seen and owned, I amost expect to see something to some extent in that area and accept it as part of the territory.

In any event, if Rob is unhappy he should get his money back immediately and the guitar should go home. It is a stretch to say Rob gets a refund and keeps the guitar!

I hope it works out for him.

This is the second bad issue I have read on this forum about Kevin Easton and if he is not careful (given the close knit community we have here) he'll have a widespread boycott on his hands.

Bret
        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          This is the second bad issue I have read on this forum about Kevin Easton and if he is not careful (given the close knit community we have here) he'll have a widespread boycott on his hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Without [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] the bee's nest it's the 3rd issue and they are all major issues and not minor mistakes
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I hate hearing about this stuff. Some people should not be in business for themselves I suppose. I'm sure KE has lost some business over his dealings with forum members. I figure he doesn't care at all and can make a living on walk-ins buying stuff.

I'll never say never but the last couple months I inquired about stuff all I get is the automated email response. I know, call him but why have an online presense if you don't respond?
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Jesus, fly from Europe to pick it up? People ship guitars that are $20k+ all day long without incident. It's a Strat folks, basically indestructable unless it's packed by someone that's mildly retarded and having an off day. $4500 may seem like a lot of money to you (and me) but for many people it isn't worth leaving the house.

I've sold probably a dozen guitars to Robert Witte. He pays immediately and is extremely detailed in how he wants it packed and shipped. He also has his own FedEx account so it's very convenient for the seller. What kind of idiot doesn't insure the guitar for the full amount when it's going on the buyers tab on their account [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] For the record, he has had me declare and insure every guitar for the full value. I have never been asked to play games with customs to save him a couple of bucks.

I have seen the pictures. No, it's not severe like having a broken headstock. When you spend that kind of money on a rare guitar you don't expect to have several big chunks of paint floating around in the case when you get it. Instead of being 100% original it's a damaged guitar now that needs to be retouched in several spots. If you have ever deal with claims and getting things fixed you realize what a PITA it is. You then are left with a guitar that has been touched up and is worth less than it would have been.

Mr. Easton jerked him around during the sale, paid no attention to the agreed upon shipping instructions, and is jerking him around after the sale. I don't see how this guy can be running a business. It's not a suprise to me why he's no longer with Jackson. If a dealer is willing to take someones money they have a responsibility to provide a minimum level of service. I hope Kevin Easton learns a lesson from this. I'll bet money that he's going to come out on the losing end of the transaction.

Comment

I agree, Rob makes it very easy to do transactions and pays to have it done right. Given the mileage involved, I paid extra care to packing the guitars that went to him. Hell the siamese doubleneck Jackson made it over there perfectly intact and that may be one of the most fragile electric guitar designs in history!

I didn't realize there were paint chips in the case...that says it all.
                www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

For paint chips to be floating around in the case, it would have to really have been richocheting around in there, which just illustrates how badly the packaging was done. I'd be pissed if it was a used Pro series, let alone a $4500 pre-pro......
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Jesus, fly from Europe to pick it up? People ship guitars that are $20k+ all day long without incident. It's a Strat folks, basically indestructable unless it's packed by someone that's mildly retarded and having an off day. $4500 may seem like a lot of money to you (and me) but for many people it isn't worth leaving the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. then, if you've got the money, pay for a friend to deliver it. the round trip ticket from US to Europe is not much more than the shipping costs. i guarantee you that if rob had a choice between:

1. get hopes up for prepro vh2, pay $4500+ for guitar+delivery, go through hell and back to recover $4500+ and come out net even - hella aggravation/time

or

2. pay for someone to hand deliver it with no issues.

He'd choose 2 every single day.

Not saying that he did a SINGLE thing wrong here, but this whole ordeal obviously bothers him more than what $4500 is worth to him or he wouldn't have spent so much time documenting it on his website. So all I'm saying is that if the intangible value of some item is worth more to you than the market value, full insurance recovery for the market value is not going to make you whole again. So if that's the case, it's worth considering being more creative in insuring the safe delivery of the item. My 2 cents.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I should modify my previous post a bit. It's been over a week since I looked at the pic's. There aren't several big chips of paint- it has one fairly good sized chunk that was gone and loose in the case. There are a few more around the neck pocket that are hanging loose but still attached. There also is a crack on the inside edge of the neck pocket that is least an inch long - it goes through the wood, outside of the pocket and through the paint there. Not cool.

The neck was wrapped in bubble wrap and then crammed back into the neck pocket. No padding in the case so the neck was probably jackhammering the pocket during shipping. If I were the buyer I wouldn't be happy being told to glue it back together, touch it up, and everything is well.

Comment

The whole thing sucks for sure. For that kind of jack, I would have had the neck sent separate of the body in another box.

Comment

I get the feeling skinflute, that Rob wanted it done that way and thats why he was surprised to find one package instead of two?Maybe im wrong.

I dont know KE from adam, but this kind of disregard for the customer will kill his reputation and his buisiness.No excuse for poor packing.

Comment

Well, to hear that some "part time kid" packaged it up improperly is an insult to the buyer. For something so important, you'd figure it was inspected, and made sure to be packed well and like a rock in it's overpacked container.

It's a lose lose situation due to either some carelessness or greed. I feel bad for the buyer. Spending 4500$ on a guitar that likely meant a lot more to him mentally then physically and having it go from mint to scarred will liekly change the whole vibe of the guitar to him, and therefore, no Mojo from a sour experience.

Will someone PLEASE think of the children!!!! (maude flanders voice)

Comment

There is an interesting update on Robert's site about this...
                              My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Man, that new update is the saddest commentary yet on this situation.
                                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
                                X