Pre Pro EVH ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pre Pro EVH ?!

It makes you wonder what people are thinking. No dealer is going to sell the guitar and not make something on it. Why wouldn't Kevin be honest with the seller and tell him he's taking a small cut ($500) for brokering the sale? Just plain bad business to lie to the seller. At a minimum he needs to pay for his time and be compensated for the taking the risk in shipping. Ultimately his ass is on the line when a problem occurs.

The funny thing is that if he made a token gesture of offering Robert Witte $500 to cover the cost of the repair this whole thing might have been avoided. He'd still break even, avoid some terrible press, and the buyer would probably feel better about being compensated.

Comment

Good points Larry...wonder how much Witte will end up paying for her when all is said and done. I bet it works out that Rob gets a great deal in the end!!!

My hats off to Rob for finding out the owners email..that had to take some work and is great leverage.

This could end up being the cheapest EVH to be sold in a long time...pending the outcome/resolution of course.
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

So, was Easton the seller of this guitar or the intermediary? I know the pics were on Kevin's site and all communications were with him, but did he sell this to Witte from his inventory? The whole situation is terrible, regardless, but I am curious about that.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

He probably did have an agreement with the seller to take a cut (x%) for being the facilitator of the sale.

My guess is that x% of $4000 + $500 probably ended up being a lot more than x% of $4500 and that's why he lied.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

After my JCF02 experience, I will never do business with Kevin Easton again. Horrible communication, outright lies, delayed shipping and an undisclosed $88 (!!) shipping charge. Easton Guitars going out of business sale, coming soon!! Scumbag...

Comment

Jeff, $88? Was that 2nd day or something?
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

OMG, (the last update) how low can one go?
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Un-f*cking-believable!!WTF??!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Shipping on mine for regular UPS Ground was like $50-55$ (can't remember the exact ammount though).

That was from Texas to North Carolina [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Shipping on mine for regular UPS Ground was like $50-55$ (can't remember the exact ammount though).

That was from Texas to North Carolina [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

With or without the plate Sam?

Pat

Comment

OMFG [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

ZING!

Comment

The way Rob phrases it is that the seller thought he was going to get all of the price of the sale (i.e. Rob "offered" $4k and that's what the guy received). There must have been some sort of brokerage deal in there somewhere - maybe the guy paid up front?

Comment

I have no idea what kind of shipping that was, I *never* discussed it with him! I just found the charge in the form of a bad aftertaste on my credit card statement. It might have been 3 day select, which is nice, but I certainly didn't ask for it or get price, beforehand.

Comment

Oh come on guys, his web site says his dog died recently, I'm sure that explains everything... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X