No announcement yet.

What fresh luck- Charvel SD Bass score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fresh luck- Charvel SD Bass score!

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

And now the clincher:

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Gotta love friends in Boston keeping a look out for any cool Jackson Charvels that come their way. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] It's all equal though, I bought him a Batcat shirt at NAMM.

Re: What fresh luck- Charvel SD Bass score!

Wow!!Way cool!!Great score,I have a late serialized blue pointy with a Jackson logo on my site!!Congrats!!

Comment

Very Nice Bass..

SWEET

Comment

very cool...the Jackson logo was commonly found after serial number ~5350ish. In fact Charvel logos were only found on Strat Heads after 5350ish range, all the pointies I have seen had a Jackson logo after 5350ish.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

cool score

Comment

Very nice shape. Look at that PLATE! Perfect. Where exactly did it come from?!?!?
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Boston!

Comment

nice score
                just like mine(only mine has a jackson plate)
                pm sent

Comment

It's a Jackson. The fact that it has a Charvel plate doesn't make it a Charvel.

The logo says Jackson, the body would be typical for a Jackson, and if the factory wouldn't have moved and packed away the Jackson plates, it would have had a Jackson plate.

Right before the move they knew the Charvel USA line was going to be import only. They then most likely decided to put the Charvel plates on everything that left the factory for the last month or so before the move, because afterwards, the plates would be useless scrap and would have to be thrown away or destroyed. So, not wanting to waste their money, I assume, they decided to use as many of them as they could. Otherwise it probably would have had a Jackson plate. Since Jacksons were still going to be produced, and the abundance of SD Jackson plates, they decided to stop using them until the new factory was producing guitars.

Nice Jackson. Sorry, but everytime I see SD Charvel plates on 6 string Jacksons, the distinction being that they are more likely to have tone knobs like Jacksons, which was much more uncommon on late SD Charvels which a majority only had volume knobs.

Anyways, at that point in history, the name was already sold, and the end of the Charvel USA line was already signed in ink. If you want it to be a Charvel, by all means...
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Sharp looking bass!

Comment

Sorry Xeno,but a guitar with a serialized Charvel plate & a Jackson logo is a Charvel imo,the co. was still Charvel/Jackson then not Jackson/Charvel,Jackson bolt-ons came next,yes,but these were first!!

Comment

Working...
                      X