Charvel or Wayne??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel or Wayne??

Okay Bros.... all things being equal and disregarding the 2-4 month wait for a Wayne. Which way would you go? Would you go for a Charvel San Dimas Standard (new) or a Wayne Rock Legend? I'm torn. I'm really torn. Your opinions will be appreciated. I've never held a Wayne, but I would think the quality would be better in general. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Charvel or Wayne??

CHARVEL ALL THE WAY!

Comment

ive heard the quality with the wayne guitars is hit and miss one will be perfect and the next one not so good. i would play it before you buy it to be sure.

Comment

GMW! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ok, ok, I know that wasn't one of the choices. Charvel for sure.

Comment

As a former Wayne dealer I can say the ones we had were insane for playability. Each one played great, looked cool, and sounded awesome. (the wayne dealership deal went with my old storemanager when he got transfered to another store)
          I havent played a new Charvel yet but i want to really bad. I ve heard both good and bad about them so i want to make my own conclusion on them.
          Gil

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm not sure what to do. I have no clue where the closest Wayne is to me. I planned on ordering direct. I was going to go on a road trip down to the LA area to play some of the new Charvels.

Any Wayne owners out there?

Comment

Actually, I was interested in GMW. But when I emailed Lee, he indicated that he was waiting on new necks to come in and didn't indicate when I could have one built. Maybe I should try him again. Thanks

Comment

I don't think you'd find too many folks here who have anything bad to say about Lee's work: I have heard that he wasn't taking any more new orders at the moment as he's so backed up.....
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I would go Charvel.
                  First, as much as we have complained about Charvel's pricing for a SD Std. is quite decent compared to Wayne's Rock Legend.
                  Second, I will follow the hit and miss on the quality for the Wayne's. I inquired about a Rock Legend on one of the largest dealers in the nation and the salesman told me the guitar I was asking about was getting ready to be sent back because the rosewood cap was coming off the maple neck.
                  Then he told me it was not the first one they had to send back because of the same issue.
                  Oh boy, I was very dissapointed.
                  This was a year or two before FMIC bought Jackson/Charvel and brought Charvel back, well sort off....
                  I haven't look back at Wayne's.

Anyway that is my take.
                  Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Charvel [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

i own a rock legend have also played alot of them at a couple of dealers here in NY. stay away. i had to send mine back to wayne for fret problems, & other small things. Dealing with Michael & Wayne is horrible. 101 excuses, dropping rock stars names trying to legitimizes they way there made." oz fox, warren dimartini & eddie dont have these problems, they dont think its an issue so i dont know what the big deal is & you cant use 11's on a guitar with a floyd rose". To that i paid $1500 for a plain jane bolton, i dont have tech working for ME so yeah its a big deal, when the guitar WONT intonate, the fret job as far as level & crowning is OK at best. i had 11's on my model6, soloist , jackson SD strat & about a dozen BCR ST-3 all had OFRs. i recently went back to the dealer to see if they could get me a logo since mine is peeling off. Well it seems that they are even worse now than when i got mine 3 years ago. i tried a few & spoke to acouple of guys that work there.....SHIT in a NICE wrapper. ide put $ on the fact a model 2 out plays a new wayne.

Comment

i've never played a wayne but i just got a new charvel san dimas and it really kicks monstrous ass.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

No 'bout adoubt it. Charvel.

Comment

I own 3 older waynes (a demartini blood drip, a B&Y, and one I custom ordered). I also own a 25th anniv, and right now i have a new pointy (borrowed). i played a new wayne - one with the new backshape and it's closer to the pointy backshape. the older waynes were closer(but not exactly) like our beloved stratheads.

I can whole heartedly concur that you CANNOT buy a wayne without playing it first, and since michael has gone direct ,there is no way for you to do it.

There is one other thing too, sometimes, there are things lost in translation. i.e. "Oh i thought you wanted....." that has happened, and i know it for a fact.

my recommendation is to get yourself a charvel - All day long. if you can score and older wayne, fine, but the new backshape totally turned me off.

FMIC definately has the quality control angle covered.

I don't post that much, and some people may remember that i was a pretty staunch supporter of the wayne guitar co. when you hear consistent stories from multiple people - believe it, get a charvel and be happy.

Comment

Guys, thanks a ton!

There is now enough doubt and uncertainty regarding the Wayne's that I will avoid them (unless I find one in a shop that I have to have).

I guess it's Charvel time! Anyone know of a good Charvel Dealer in Northern CA? Central Valley, East Bay, Sac?

Thanks! \m/

Comment

Working...
                              X