Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts

Hello all,
    Arpeggio here (new guy). I bought a 25th anni charvel. I wanted to add a floyed. Will that do anything to the value of the guitar. I cant keep it in tune if i do any kind of string bending with the vintage trem.

your feed back please

Re: Your thoughts

Try Sperzel machine heads or change the nut to graphite. (a lot less routing involved)
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I'll make you an even trade for one of my Model 3's with a Floyd. Problem Solved [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good luck, regardless of what you decided to do. My personal opinion is that adding a floyd would destroy the value of that guitar.

Comment

Thanks Tekky,
        i appreciate it.

Arpeggio

Comment

What value? Go ahead and try to sell it and see what you get for it. I had a Bullseye(Red/White) that like you said wouldn't stay in tune for anything. I put it up on Ebay twice and both times even at $1400 it wouldn't sell. If I were you, and you really want to keep it, add the floyd. There are still plenty of them sitting at dealers. My personal opinion is that these will not go up in value. It's not like you paid $1200 for it and ten years later your going to get $2000 for it. These new Charvels are already way expensive, and they really don't seem to be catching on. Hell adding a floyd may make it more desireable(as long as it's done by a well known luthier and documented)
          Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

If you plan on keeping it, add the Floyd. I seriously thought about doing this myself. May still do it.

If you're concerned about value, keep it factory stock. No mods at all.

Comment

I would check some of the Fender forums for tips on how to set it up. Proper setup will help keep them in tune (there are even ways to correctly wrap the strings at the tuners) will minimize tuning issues, but in the end, they never can handle dive bombs.

Comment

What Tekky and Jim said. Also consider a tremsetter.
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Buy a Wahmmy pedal instead of using the trem bar.
                  [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

tighten the spring clamp in the trem cavity all the way, so the trem is really tight. It works for me.
                    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

Comment

This is interesting. Why did you buy it if you are just going to Floyd it. The lack of a decent trem option (or any options at all for that matter) has kept me away from all the new S-Head guitars.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I say go ahead and add the Floyd and enjoy it. Don't worry about value because as 3333 said they are poor sellers right now and I doubt you will see a return (profit) for a long time.
                        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

thanks guys, I appreciate all the info. Second question, i live near GMW, anyone have experiance with floyeds added to guitars by lee?

arpeggio

Comment

locking tuners should do the trick. ive got a sd3 with a wilkinson and sperzal tuners and it holds tune really well. i would not cut up that guitar.

Comment

If you like the guitar and plan to keep it for a long time, put the floyd on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X