Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are all the orignal Charvel employees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where is

Groover was Grovers funkier more rythmic half brother from another mother. Later to be found playing air guitar on "The Gong Show". He was last heard from just before goin into AA. (air guitar addiction).
    Gil
    ps sorry its late. :P

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Somewhere out the some ukelele player is marvelling at the awesome neck on his instrument and wondering why it has sharkfin inlays

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Dunno what year but in a conversation he did tell me he didn't work there during the early period ..

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I asked him. He said October 1984.
        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          With G&L

Hence : Groover&Leo

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, its "George & Leo", as in George Fullerton, long time friend of Leo [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

As fas as Grover Jackson goes: I´ve heard a few times that hge´s involved with Abstract guitars in some way, and about ten years ago he was designing basses for Washburn....

I kind of hope the Abstract part isn´t true, it´d be sad to see Grover involved with the Leprechaun in any way [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

J. O'Connor is another 1980 Charvel mfg Employee

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              they probably were mixing paint between bong hits!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you have no idea how true that is! i was with kev when dan explained how gmg was made, and yes, it was a factory full of that kinda activity! the reasoning behind "there are no rules" with charvel is somewhat attributed to the fact that there was a fair amount of mayhem going on there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

the thing that cracks me up, and i hope like hell that this doesn't come across as abrasive, but so much attention to detail has been paid to things that were originally created with little attention to detail! to clarify that a little, i don't want to say that they were all high and grabbing parts and slapping them together willy-nilly, but if they ran out of a part, they'd use a different one. take one of robbin's firebirds for example; it's a rev head, but it has regular tuners. why? b/c that's all they had. lots of things changed over the years, as you guys know, and some of it had to come from an "ah, screw it, use this instead" mentality. i loved that gmg story, we had a good laugh, for sure.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah I wasn't gonna spread that story around there sparky [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  they probably were mixing paint between bong hits!!

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing that cracks me up, and i hope like hell that this doesn't come across as abrasive, but so much attention to detail has been paid to things that were originally created with little attention to detail! to clarify that a little, i don't want to say that they were all high and grabbing parts and slapping them together willy-nilly, but if they ran out of a part, they'd use a different one.
                  sully

[/ QUOTE ]

I always wondered that myself sully..it applies to alot of things like art, Jackson Pollock for example was a troubled soul and never did anything straight yet his work is always over analyzed and criticed...how about Jimi Hnedrix how straight was he when he recorded those legendary tracks?

For us Charvel fans we are lucky because they were custom ordered and each build followed loosely a work order..yeah a gold Kahler versus black might have been used if they ran out but for the most part the guys (regardless of their state of mind at the time) stayed true to the work order. I bet though there were a few funny screw ups thanks to a few extra bong hits..I wonder is this why we see so many employee projects...lol...
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                  My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

great thread
                    great stories too
                    i always dreamt of lining up all the JC employees with
                    initials, names and even pics
                    lets get this started at last

Comment

where's that Wayne guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also weren't reverse sharks a Grover bong-hit mistake too? Sorry, I know its not Charvel realated
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Dunno for sure, but I´ve also heard that the reverse sharks were originally a mistake [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And I thinkit´s related, because there are probably a few Charvels w/ Sharkfins as well. The Custom shop would always apply a Charvel Logo if asked, and I can well imagine a few people having that done. Although I´ve got to admit I´ve never seen one w/ a Charvel logo at all that wasn´t a strathead. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X