Charvel Brass Trem VS. Fender Vintage Trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Brass Trem VS. Fender Vintage Trem

Do the Charvel brass trems sound different than a typical Fender vintage style trem? Do they stay in tune better?

Thanks

Re: Charvel Brass Trem VS. Fender Vintage Trem

no but they are smaller

Comment

The main difference is string spaceing, Charvel trems had narrow gibson spacing
      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

my new charvel has a NOS brass trem and it sucks. it feels nice but won't stay in tune. i think it's the tilt headstock.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Any pointy with a V-trem won't stay in tune well if you use the bar as the strings take a sharp turn when they leave the nut & head to the tuners,it's not the angled back headstock it's the lack of straight string pull!!

Comment

would putting a kahler lock nut help?
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              would putting a kahler lock nut help?

[/ QUOTE ]

No because v-trems have no fine tuners .. try using 3 in 1 oil and graphite in the nut slots ..you want the slots clean a slick so there's less chance of the string hanging up in there
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

oh okay. thanks.
                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

MD

you have gone back in time, to the early eighties... and that was exactly what the reissue was made for, to transport you back in time.

The Floyd Rose is the reponse to the tuning issue. It was a mod then and would be a mod now. If you are going to dive bomb the guitar it is the best bridge for the job. If you keep the guitar it does not matter, it may matter if you care about resale.

I can not help but think how ironic this thread is... and the thought of a special factory reisue guitar... It comes from the factory "modded" to a floyd. Best way to capture the era.
                  It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Also, make sure your nut slots (!) are filed straight and larger than normal (just a little). And yeah, fill the slots with graphite (or pencil lead) and oil to get it slick in there.

Comment

I would not be a bit surprised to see fmic do a relic'ed modded charvel.. they are so good at this that it would be right up there alley
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Working...
                      X