Need pic of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need pic of

Anyone here own an early Charvel with Kluson tuners??? Yeah the Fender vintage type tuners.
    I need a good pic front and back to use on my website. Anyone have pics that I can use???
    Tahnks in advance.
    Trace
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: Need pic of

Trace, if they used them, the only style it could be is a set of "Double Line" versions, meaning the words "Kluson" and "Deluxe" are stamped in two seperate lines. I also believe all Klusons from that era chrome plated rather than early nickel plated, and gold was also available. This was the very end of the Kluson companies life. I also believe you would have seen Gibson style bushings. Fender always made their own and all genuine Kluson sets I see sold outside of Fender used the Gibson Bushing.

So the Tuners would be this style (these are gold):

The mounting base will have this stamp:

This is likely the bushing you would see. Similar to Fender, but the Fender unit has a rounded top where these are flat:

All of the previous images are mine and you can do whatever you want with them.

Comment

Great info Jim!!Thanx!!!!!

Comment

Thanks. Glad to see some of the vintage stuff can come in handy around here too...lol.

Comment

sounds like the old boy might be onto another one
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Thanks. Glad to see some of the vintage stuff can come in handy around here too...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jim....I was hoping to get a pic of them on an actual Charvel guitar but this will do until that time. I should have the tuner section writen this week and get it off to sully so he can upload to the site.

Aside: this style tuner has been rumoured to have been used but I have never personally been lucky enough to see a Charvel in person with these tuners.
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

I believe it is possible. I see double line Klusons pictured in the Schecter catalog from the 1980 Schecter catalog. Kluson went out of business by 1981 I do believe.

Comment

Yelp I think Tim Rose had one and I remember also a cool Charvel over on JC's site which had gold Kluson tuners.

Thanks again Jim for the info and pics..try and get this section done and up soon on the site.

Comment

Tracy,I do remember seeing a Charvel with those tuners,just can't remember where,I'll look thru my pics asap & let you know if I find anything!!

Comment

Thanks Chuck..I know the Justin guitar with the solid rosewood neck (Strat Head) had them, it was a yellow guitar IIRC.
                    Also I remember seeing a few others (early ones) but didn't save pics as I am not much of a prepro guy.

Comment

No problem Tracy,I think I do have pics of that yellowish Pre-pro with the rosewood neck,I'll check asap!!

Comment

Look for a Purple Pre Pro from Germany, it was on EBay long ago, with a added 4 degit plate. I have been hunting - Maybe at home DO'H

Comment

I looked,don't have pics of the Purple Pre-pro Hoss!!Dohh!!

Comment

i have them on 1505, they do not say kluson...they have threaded bushings like a nut, like a schaller tuner,not a press in bushing and they are split shaft. they do have the lines and the oil hole like klusons.

Comment

wow thanks a ton, Mike....great example and awesome pics ya sent. Interestingly, I normally hear of this style of tuner on early prepros but great example form a later serialized guitar to boot..thanks again for the pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X