San Dimas Re-issue question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Dimas Re-issue question

I bought a used trans red SD3 about 6 years ago. The pickups had been replaced with 2 Duncans and a Dimarzio and I am now finally thinking about putting it back as it was when it left the factory.

Does anyone know what pickups originally came in the SD3? (I have a feeling it was a tone-zone and 2 fast tracks....)

Also, what did the mini-toggle switch originally do?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: San Dimas Re-issue question

you got it right and the toggle on mine was an on/off for the 5 way turning on the bridge only
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

the toggle switched the tonzone directly to the output-jack without using the 5-way-switch or the volume and tone-pot.

the neck PU is a dimarzio chopper, the middle a fasttrack 1 and the bridge a tonezone. they are all normaly wired without any splitt-positions on the 5-way-switch.

btw., the SD IV had two fasttracks and a tonezone.

Comment

I stand corrected..
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Ah - that's good to know as my SD IV had EMGs installed when I bought it.
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
          X