New Charvel Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Charvel Star

I've just had delivered, my new Charvel Star in Candy Blue. The neck is awesome, very much like my '84 Pointy Strat. Unfortunately though, when I opened the case, I noticed that there is a ding on the edge of the top horn, a lacquer crack near the neck pocket on the top of the guitar, a loose Jack Socket and the nut is not fitted centraly!!! As it's the only one in stock in England (or possibly in the whole of Europe), I've decided to keep it as it could be a very long wait for another.

Re: New Charvel Star

That thing is sweet! Sorry to hear about the issues though.

Comment

Wow, that is not cool at all. What does you dealer say?
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

yeah, what RRO5 says. maybe you can ask for a discount, or have them set the nut for free, if they overlooked it before selling it to you.

Comment

I am the Dealer!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          A bit of discount has been mentioned [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I am assuming that Charvel is using the top mounted Floyd locking clamp these days? If so, that is a good thing, as the wholes can be drilled and dowelled and then re-centered, and you would never know. Still, you should'nt have to make any kind of repairs to a kissing $2K guitar!

Comment

I love the guitar!
              Do you have any other pics?
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

More pics! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                Love the way the blue colour looks with the maple board [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude where abouts in England do you deal? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
                  93 USA Soloist EDS
                  USA HT6 Juggernaut
                  Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I'll post some more photo's when I get home from tonights gig.
                    My shop is in Southsea, Hampshire. (I'm not sure if the admins will allow me to post the name though?)

Comment

That's a wicked looking guitar mate - floyds all the way!....I didn't realise that there were any of the new Charvels over here at all.
                      Those issues make me wonder about the quality control at the factory though...
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

There is only one San Dimas Strat at the distributors at the moment. I'm pretty sure that it's the same finish as mine, Candy Apple Blue. It's a single Hum with Floyd. I'd have that as well but I'm just waiting on a quote for a Custom Shop Star........Blood Drip with Reverse Headstock!!!! Hopefully, It won't get damaged by the QC chaps [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice!!Beautiful color!!That really sux about the issues,totally unneccesary!!Hope it all gets worked out asap!!

Comment

I'll do the work on the nut myself as thats my job, Guitar Tech!!! I'm not too worried about the finish issues although there shouldn't be any to be honest on a Guitar 1/2 the price. She will however, be gigged regularly to spread the word of Charvel over here in England!!
                            Anyway, here's some more pics:

Comment

Awesome Star! Too bad about the issues. Hope everything is resolved to your liking.

Comment

Working...
                              X