Real SD Charvie? Parts maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Real SD Charvie? Parts maybe?

keeping with the superhero theme, i say put the "ambiguously gay duo" on the headstock, could be a pointy, strathead could be the right shape as well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I am thinking a 2 hum white v-trem or Kahler equipped guitar originally..probably a pointy

[/ QUOTE ]

+2
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Cool, thanks for all the info guys. I'd like to know what exactly the replacement neck is...it feels very close to my old SD Charvie. (could also be 20+ years worth the playing wear too) It plays fantastic, and the ebony board is nice too. Now....time to get the guy to sell it to me. Anybody wanna buy a neckplate, serial number 3231? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Cool, thanks for all the info guys. I'd like to know what exactly the replacement neck is... serial number 3231? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the pic date and the s/n definitly a pointy neck guitar
          If I'm correct Charvel started the pointy neck guitars early 83' I own 2108 and its a pointy

Comment

No not always case..strat head necks were available up until the end of production, for example serial number 5390 has a strat head neck.
            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

O.k., I got the official word from the guy: It was originally a white rising sun graphic pointy with a kahler. (You guys know your Charvies! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img])He said he has no idea what the replacement neck is, or what happened to the original pointy. I dig it though, it does play really nice, whatever the neck is, so I'm gonna buy it off him. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for a pointy and get it back to original. (And do away with that damn Batman airbrush job!)

Comment

excellent...cool stuff....
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  No not always case..strat head necks were available up until the end of production, for example serial number 5390 has a strat head neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

opppppps my bad. I was thinking along the lines of when the major change happened. Most of the guitars in the stores at this time where pointy, but orders like mine could have been anything

Comment

Working...
                  X