Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eye Candy

Can ya post a pic of the neck pocket and neck markings for your red Charvel. A factory scalloped neck has been the subject of debate for awhile. If ya have a pic can ya post it or if you have the numbers/markings noted. Cool guitars btw.....I am diggin' the red one...
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

That red one really does look great with gold hardware.
      Both are great looking!

Comment

I noticed the flame on the red one immediately. I am a sucker for figured necks!

Comment

Killer neck with the red one! thanks for sharing!

Comment

man what a pair! agree on the scallop(hard to get used too!) maybe its just me but i couldn't quite aquire that taste to play on my style is heavy & aggressive i love bends,pick harmonics,hammer on pull offs & whammy bends.......love that flame though and the ice blue isnt no slouch,thanks for the pics and descrpt. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Killer guitars!! I love the flame in the neck of the red one, but the blue ice color rules!!!

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly!

Comment

If the red one was not scalloped, I would have bought it hands down. Very cool anyway and thanks for sharing!
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I'll post the neck pocket pics tomorrow. I took these apart last night to document work order numbers and such. This blew me away, the Blue guitar was dated 4/10/84 by NL, the Red one 4/11/84 by NL. How wild is that? 1 day apart but the serial numbers are almost 1400 apart.
                  I remember a conversation with Hossman about how the builders would just grab a hand full of plates and throw them on as they finished.

[ QUOTE ]

If the red one was not scalloped, I would have bought it hands down. Very cool anyway and thanks for sharing!

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Even scalloped the red ones a player. Plus a factory hum/single very rare.

Comment

Just saw the pics over on CC...
                    Is the maple neck original to that body? I have a rosewood neck in my records for that serial BUT that could simply be a mistake...or the neck may have originaly been a rosewood and later replaced with a scalloped maple or... Either way very nice guitar.
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I'll post the neck pocket pics tomorrow. I took these apart last night to document work order numbers and such. This blew me away, the Blue guitar was dated 4/10/84 by NL, the Red one 4/11/84 by NL. How wild is that? 1 day apart but the serial numbers are almost 1400 apart.
                      I remember a conversation with Hossman about how the builders would just grab a hand full of plates and throw them on as they finished.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Even scalloped the red ones a player. Plus a factory hum/single very rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont get me wrong and that guitar is very cool, but I did not like scallops 20 years ago and I have not changed my opinion! (also, not that it matters, but I do question whether that guitar is a "factory" in the current config. - Joe is a cool guy, but he was basically dumping his modded guitars this time around).

Enjoy her!
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                      X