No announcement yet.

I just played a new pointy at Matts!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just played a new pointy at Matts!!!

OK. I just met up with Kmanick at Matts Music to check out a new pointy. Nothing fancy, blk, floyd, 1 hum, maple/maple. I was very impressed to say the least. Absent was the 2o plus years of gunk and a few minor details, the general specs, feel and profile was right in line with my '83 SD, which I brought along to compare. The feel was there and most of the details were correct. One what some might consider to be an issue was the Shaller tuners (which I actually prefer!). Fret work was clearly top notch (and the Splatterpuss set up didnt hurt! - good job Chuck!).

If you are looking for a SD Charvel but have not been able to lay hands on one for reasons we do not have to get into, then let me say that you will not be disappointed with one of these. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I was a liitle concerned about my CS order, but after playing one, I feel a whole heck of a lot better (5-6 months more to wait - fingers crossed!).

Someone buy the damn thing quick (if I come home with yet another together with the GMW that should be ready next month it will mean divorce for sure).

Nick, great to meet up with you and thanks for letting me check you new GMW and the Bengal (and you people - that Bengal is as cool as you all expect and want it to be [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!!!!)
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Re: I just played a new pointy at Matts!!!

Well I'm glad to see you didn't carry out your plan to trash the Charvie in an effort to scare away others so you could buy it later! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It was good rapping with you guys this afternoon. BTW, Chuck didn't do the setup on that black Charvel, that's how it came right out of the box. Not bad, eh?
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

yeah my new pointy was perfect right out of the box too..awesome guitars.
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Sorry I missed you two today,been working lots of ot(more $$ for more Charvels!!LOL!!)!!& yeah,the new Charvels come set-up great!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          yeah my new pointy was perfect right out of the box too..awesome guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine also played perfectly right out of the box.....no tweaks needed yet.

Comment

Nice to finally meet up with you guys today!

I bought my bengal along with me today to compare the feel of the necks and it was pretty damn close.
            I have to agree if anyone was hesitating about getting one, I wouldn't.
            I actually had Matt spec me out a custom shop today while I was there, it was that close to the Bengal neck!
            Waiting for a price back from Charvel and the IRS to finish with me and hopefully I'll have a new one on the way! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Kmanick did ya buy that Chlorine form Wild West Guitars after playing an example of the new ones??
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I just put a deposit on a new red two humbucker with the vintage style tremelo...mind you this thing was right out of the box from CA..no set up..or intonation and it felt great! I bought it at Alto music in NY..they have a few nice pieces.

Comment

the Middletown Alto Music was a great place to browse when I lived up there.
                  Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Working...
                  X