Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

charvel legends...the elusive double logo guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel legends...the elusive double logo guitars.

back in the early 90s, i began to seek out Charvels as much as possible. I really wanted a strathead HRF with a maple neck.

i began to meet other guys who were Charvel freaks, one of them was a guy named Otto. I bought the Jeff Beck HRF from him that Hossman now owns.

while i was doing that deal, he offered me this other guitar as an afterthought. although it was a single hum guitar, it WAS a strathead, and i think i only paid $900 for it.

this guitar was very unusual. someone a few years ago requested that i not reveal the details, as someone would probably try to make a copy of the guitar.

but this guitar was very unique and identifiable, and i doubt someone could fake it and fool me...

the guitar had a very unusual neck...ebony board with dots, factory floyd, and the neck wood was mahogany! it had a skunk stripe of a lighter wood, like maple. it was one of the slimmest profile neck i had ever felt, thought...unfinished wood felt great, and the guitar played like a dream, but the neck was not my cup of tea.

the body was a single hum, SD plated, and it was a very convincing sea-foam green in color.

the logos were cool. since the neck wood was so dark, it was given a black logo, with an offset gold logo. i kinda thought maybe someone had done that after the guitar left the factory. but it looked all kosher to me.

it was a great guitar, sounded really good, and played phenomenally. the neck profile was just too small for me. an attack of G.A.S. hit (i think i was paying for my Sadoswky), so i sold it to a dealer i know. lost money on it too...i think i sold it for $700.

don't PM me asking for the dealer, i have tried to track that guitar back down for the last few years.

so in the interest of public information, this is what i know for a fact. there ARE double logo guitars, and i had one. i might have the serial number written down somewhere...

i had an envelope full of pictures that Otto had sent me, but i think one of my ex-wives threw them away....

allegedly someone else on the forum has a double logo guitar....and i'm sure my old one is still out there somewhere...could be in japan or elsewhere, knowing the dealer i sold it to.

Re: charvel legends...the elusive double logo guit

alllegedly? HMMMMMMMM wonder who that fuck is????

Comment

Chad has a double logo pointy, hence his above post. I have a pic of it up on my site...just click this link , its about half way down the page.
      http://www.usacharvels.com/charvel/id/logos.htm
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

damn trace...17 minutes...you are getting slow on the draw...must be all the light beer is messing you up

Comment

I know but I was busy closing on another Charvel deal. You know how it is Chad, cool Charvels don't come up for sale everyday...so when they fall in my lap, I had to haggle fast. Awesome day...

Unrelated, It is VERY cool seeing this part of the JCF active again..lets keep it up...very cool stuff....
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

cool another good score Will it be part of mondays eye candy post?

Comment

nice photo on your site trace -- i love the way the hand painted logo looks too...

Comment

Stay tuned there will be 10 more
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Tracy, go to www.amirderakh.com Both of his charvels have painted logos.His navy and swedish camo pointies.

Comment

yeah I was talking with Amir the other day and he sent me some cool pics and info...hes a very nice guy btw

Comment

otto is one bad motherfukker charvettelover. very cool guy, and has a keen eye for quality whether it's guitars,cars, fukk even doughnuts. he;s a stud.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        otto is one bad motherfukker charvettelover. very cool guy, and has a keen eye for quality whether it's guitars,cars, fukk even doughnuts. he;s a stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

where the heck is he at these days? he sold me some amazing guitars over the years...

Comment

Tommys got him in a well in his basement [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It puts the lotion on and tells me where your charvels are.

Comment

awesome davey boy, how about this one-

"you wanna fake me? i'd fake me" - [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "it puts the logo on the squier" "wasn't she a great big fat strathead?"
                            oh boy , i'm losin' it completely.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[quote
                              where the heck is he at these days? he sold me some amazing guitars over the years...

[/ QUOTE ]

Talked to him a few weeks ago.....

Shawn
                              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X