Ebony fret boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebony fret boards

I have played Rosewood boards almost exclusively except for a few Maples here and there. I recent aquired my first Ebony boarded guitar. I don't know if it is me or this is just how they are, but has anyone ever noticed they feel more dense (more solid) that other types of fretboards?
    I like it. It is just different.

Re: Ebony fret boards

<font color="aqua">You are correct sir. Ebony is a seriously dense wood. When you cut it, it doesn't really form sawdust but more like a super fine powder. It burns up saw blades too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]! </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I love ebony boards and I have been trying to trade my 2 Hum SD w/ rosewood for an ebony (or maple) for several months. So far no one likes rosewood enough to actually trade for it.
      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Once you go Ebony... you never go back!

There is just something about ebony that feels so good under my fingers [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          So far no one likes rosewood enough to actually trade for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has nothing to do with liking RW James,just no one wants to part with a San Dimas Charvel(no matter what the fretboard!!)to get it bro!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Once you go Ebony... you never go back!

There is just something about ebony that feels so good under my fingers [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I actually prefer rosewood and maple over ebony. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have several ebony neeks. My Jackson strathead is one of my favorite guitars. It has a real old gibson T top and sounds great. The ebony is super dark
              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
              X