Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wednesday...

[ QUOTE ]

& hasn't Redrum always been known to be a parts guitar??!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good seeing ya post Chuck..not sure on Red Rum being a parts guitar..first I heard of it. Please elaborate if you know more news to me.

What is cool is the work order for this guitar...check it out the project was called Billy's Band Aid before it was crossed out and GCSA was written..Guitar Center Santa Ana store where it was shipped.

Here it is plus shipping paperwork for the guitar..enjoy

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Cool but,those are both Blood Drips not Splatters,this is a Splatter:

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought of it as splatter...here is another shot..looks like splatter to me..drops be more individual IMO
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

Hmmm,AFAIK it's a parts guitar according to the previous owner & I thought you had told me the same thing too!!

& I still think those are Blood Drips,Splatters don't really have the drips!!LOL!!

Comment

Interesting how that work order also has "orange w/gold" crossed out. I wonder if that guitar was originally destined to be Jeff Beck Orange?

Only catches my eye because I just got one in that finish, and that's how Dan L. had described and spec'd the paint mix for it - pumpkin orange w/gold pearl.

Comment

Nope first I heard about it being parts guitar...the markings match the paperwork....not sure if Dave (previous owner)knows more than me but first I heard of it.

It is a bummer that we can no longer get paperwork. It is cool seeing the build sheets and shipping invoices. Hopefully one day soon we will get that stuff again.

Comment

Here are the pics showing the work orders and dates.

Comment

i cant stop looking at it....

Comment

Mike get your ass down for a visit....of course you have to bring some of your cool Charvels too...

We can do a cool photo shoot with featuring your blue/white and my Black/yellow EVH's..be a cool pic of the day shot.

Redrum is a great player, has the smaller nut width but the neck is so broken in..it plays awesome. Having the paperwork is cool too, it is interesting to see the details..note the price of that guitar back in the day..lol..only if we had a time machine.

And not to disappoint Mike here is another pic (not that I really need any excuse to post another pic...lol)...enjoy

Comment

Is there anything that you do not have two of?!!!?!?!?!??
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

tracy....it is so cool, and so educational, to see all these photos, especially interior shots, neck dates, etc etc etc.

love it! keep them photos coming!

Comment

Thanks Bobby, how about this pic showing what I think are the initials "MS" (Mike Shannon??) in the pku cavity. It is actually written under the clearcoat...prety cool, eh?

Comment

these are amazing guitars, and they never fail to interest me. someone needs to collect all the info together somehow...i know there are a few out there keeping good records :-)

what camera setup are you using to do such great photos???

Comment

I use an Olympus 4 Meg camera nothing fancy BUT I normally take about 100 pics and only save the best 25 per guitar. I was at one time writing a book and needed good quality pics. I then got my website up and running and used a lot of the pics there. Plus I have tons of pics and info that other cool people like yourself have shared with me. It is an awesome hobby with some very cool people..well except for 2 or 3 assholes, lol.

Speaking of pku cavity markings I have seen a few examples with Duncan written in them (especailly around the 2300 - 2400 serial range).

Comment

i find it interesting that charvel/jackson gave abigail ybarra (longtime fender pickup winder) a job during the mid 80s....i'm a little confused about some of the details during the IMC shift. i am going to speak with Jerry Freed, who was president of IMC in that era, if he will do a small interview with me about the whole transition. While i don't agree with everything that happened back then, it will be interesting to hear the story from the standpoint of the BUSINESS side of of the art of charvel jackson.

someone recently posted something that stuck with me...maybe this should be another thread....what if these guitars are like beanie babies? we are such a small market. and it hasn't changed. i remember bringing my charvels out togigs in the 80s, and players making fun of them, etc. although they were/are the king of the hill in Metal/Hard Rock, other than some nashville cats charvels are sort of esoteric.

while i still firmly believe they will do nothing but appreciate in value, i wonder who will be buying them? other than us!!!

so when it gets to that point, i would like early dibs on the green strathead maple neck 2 hum guitar :-)

while it is kinda sad to see this area be the least used part of the board, i am very excited to see all the activity with new jackson guitars, and lots of young players who dig them, and no doubt dig the old ones too....just not as hardcore as us older dudes.

i just fixed up the 85 goldie with some nice parts, a setup, and she's ready for action starting this weekend...pics to come. i am playing a big outdoor gig in ft lauderdale during spring break. it could be a HELL of a lot worse :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X