Charvel #1001...new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charvel #1001...new home

The new fretboard is just speculation at this point Jeff,though I agree it makes sense,I will ask Rob asap!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Gongrats to Rob! He is a great guy and I've been lucky enough to buy some cool guitars from him.
      So what's next? 1001, J0001, RR..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Actually, I think its been pretty much confirmed that Rob does have J0001 which he acquired fairly recently.

I don't know nor have ever heard about Jackson plate #1001 and it's whereabouts though.....I'm sure somebody here has a good idea or actually knows where it is.

</font>

Comment

I do know where Jackson plate #1014 is!!LOL!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          heres the charvel central thread on it
          http://p074.ezboard.com/fcharvelcent...icID=137.topic

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn that EZBoard! I'm missing out again!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            He did aquire it,spoke to him this morning!!

Congrats Rob,awesome score my friend!!

& yes,that's Rob on the right,former owner Len on the left!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Len is smiling like he just got the money for a new Harley. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Gongrats to Rob! He is a great guy and I've been lucky enough to buy some cool guitars from him.
              So what's next? 1001, J0001, RR..... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">Actually, I think its been pretty much confirmed that Rob does have J0001 which he acquired fairly recently.

I don't know nor have ever heard about Jackson plate #1001 and it's whereabouts though.....I'm sure somebody here has a good idea or actually knows where it is.

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]Yes Robb has J0001

Comment

What I meant is that he has 1001 and J0001 so how will the series continue. RR0001?
                My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

<font color="yellow">Yeah, right [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]....Delores EVER giving up one of Randy's guitars to a private collector [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img].....and I'm probably betting that she has a contingency planned for his legacy after her death also (hopefully not for a long time). </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    <font color="yellow">Yeah, right [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]....Delores EVER giving up one of Randy's guitars to a private collector [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img].....and I'm probably betting that she has a contingency planned for his legacy after her death also (hopefully not for a long time). </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam, do Randy's 2 Jackson V's have serial numbers? And are they RR0001 and RR0002? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Is'my luck that Rob with his collection is living only one driving hour away from my home. I hope I'll have the chance to see her.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Hmmmm, according to the USA Serial # Chart Randy's Prototype was RR 0000 and states that Mrs Rhoads has it, and I'm logically assuming the 2nd one he received was RR 0001, but could be wrong.

I don't know which guitars/amps she has in storage, as I have heard that he had more than the ones most of us recognize (white Rhoads, black Rhoads, and his creme Les Paul Custom).

I've seen pictures of him playing various LPC's, a Fender Strat (brown I think), and some others during different era's he played in.

</font>

Comment

I always thought that Randy's RRs weren't serialized. I thought they were made earlier. But I might very well be wrong cause I can't recall where I got that info. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Randy also had a 3 pickup black beauty Les Paul, that he took to some photo shoot. None of the pickups had covers, and it had a DiMarzio (guessing Super D.) in the bridge. Also had Schaller straplocks and a studded, wide leather strap - a Randy hallmark!

Comment

Update - after speaking with Rob the neck was ordered as a replacement by Len back in the day. This neck is lacquered and has Holds written on it, I assume to mean Holdsworth shape.
                              Once again congrats Rob and I look forward to seeing more great pics up on your site in the near future.
                              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

AFAIK Randys guitars had no serial #!!

Comment

Working...
                                X