Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday - Marilyn Charvel

As requested from yesterday...

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: Tuesday - Marilyn Charvel

Best one I've ever seen. I love the Andy Warhol esque look and the lipsticks on the headstock. Great touch!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Dude, You are killing me... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
      As i said yesterday, my 2 favorite things in the world. Charvels & Marilyn. I have been into Marilyn about as long as i have been playing Charvies. When they did the Christies auction a few years ago, i was lucky enough to get a lipstick case that she used to carry in her purse. Probably paid ENTIRELY too much for it but you would probably say that about this guitar. Bottom line tho....WORTH EVERY CENT. Wonderful guitar bro.... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Tracy what year was that guitar made? One of the nicest you have posted thus far.

Comment

Here is the work order for this guitar, she was made in December of 1984.

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

Very cool. Extra special that you have the work order with the original specs. I wish I could get my hands on a copy of the work order for my HRF.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Very cool. Extra special that you have the work order with the original specs. I wish I could get my hands on a copy of the work order for my HRF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah its a real shame Jackson no longer provide work orders, hopefully one day soon they will start doing this again. I have been lucky and I believe have work orders for about 40 something of mine but some I do not have. Its cool seeing the details and little handwritten notes on the forms.

Comment

I actually remember seeing this guitar on the wall of the Guitar Center in Sherman Oaks, CA in late 1984 / early 1985. I really wanted to buy it, but didnt have the $1,800 bucks at the time (which was a TON of money then).

That is my favorite graphic of all time. That is actually a copy of a famous Andy Warhol painting. He did that exact same print in a bunch of different colors.

Tracy was cool enough to let me have GMW build me a strathead version of that guitar (which should be done sometime in the next month). I asked Tracy if I could copy it, he sent me tons of pics, and even helped
                me add a few of my own touches (maple neck and fretboard, red lip inlays on the fretboard, etc). Tracy is incredibly cool about sharing his stuff. When Lee asked for additional pics, Tracy took them and emailed them to me!

Tracy...thanks for letting me copy this one!

Comment

pleasure is all mine..sharing is half the fun. Can't wait to see yours completed..its gonna be cool.

Comment

Someone was aksing what the "supply Gold Floyd -low set up" on the work order implied. Back in the day Kramer had exclusive rights to Floyd Rose trems and to get one installed on your Charvel you had to supply them with the unit.
                    The low set-up comment I assume means the customer wanted super low action. In fact, this particular neck is very thin and different than any other pointy I have played to date. The action was super low when I got it but I like higher action and immediately raised hit up.

Comment

Here is a pic of her in the case...cool yellow colored case lining for this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X