25th Anniv Strat Head w/Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th Anniv Strat Head w/Floyd

Just checking out Jon Levins site (www.jonlevin.com) and saw this picture of his very cool Charvel.

Quote form his site about this guitar in particular:
    "I play re-issue Charvel Guitars. They are made exactly the same way as they did in the early eighties. I have one from 1982 and the guys at Charvel made my new ones very similar to it. They truly are great guitars. Charvel made me two guitars in their custom shop (both have strat bodies). One is a 25th anniversary San Dimas limited edition re-issue. There are only 86 total made for the world (I guess mine is #87?). It has a flame maple top, birds eye maple strat headstock neck, a cherry sunburst finish, a floyd rose, and a limited edition pickup called the 1979 JB."

Not sure if it is a factory floyd or if a Floyd was retrofitted on one of the 25th Anniv for Jon. Either way it looks great. For those not knowing who Jon is, he is the current guitarist for Dokken and a Charvel player. More importantly he is one hellofa nice guy.

I gotta admit that guitar looks sweet with a Floyd....I still don't dig the neck dots..call me a traditionalist but those abalone dots don't do it for me. Hopefully a Strat Head w/Floyd will be available as a limited run after next NAMM.....and with black dots please!!

Cheers
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: 25th Anniv Strat Head w/Floyd

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

25th with a floyd would be the balls! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

If they would have had the Floyd as an option on the 25th they woud have sold more than 80-90 of them.

Comment

& if they got the neck profile right.....!!

Comment

Not to hijack, but have any of the new strathead neck profiles even come close to the originals?

The 25th is very Fenderish, the EVH's I 've read about on here seem more Kramer like, what about the retro Bullseye?

The pointys seem dead on to the orignals. Why is the original strathead so hard to duplicate?

Comment

The Retros are San Dimas"-ish"!!

The new Pointies are exact!!

Comment

Ya Chuck is right on! The new pointies that I've played
                (2 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) were really dead on. the EVH I played didn't feel like a San Dimas strathead profile to me.
                It was really nice but it was a little different.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Not to hijack, but have any of the new strathead neck profiles even come close to the originals?

The 25th is very Fenderish, the EVH's I 've read about on here seem more Kramer like, what about the retro Bullseye?

The pointys seem dead on to the orignals. Why is the original strathead so hard to duplicate?

[/ QUOTE ]

There were a few different neck profiles and nut widths offered in the Strat head vein back in the day. Unlike pointies which had all basically the same profile. I think one of the things making getting the new strat head right is that there were several different original Strat head neck profiles - which one do they use. But I am confident they will nail it like they did the pointies.
                  www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

I was at Frankfurt yesterday and i tried a Strathead Star and a (production?) bullseye, I liked the star but the bullseye had a hideous Phil Collen (reverse) headstock instead of a strat and this really turned me off
                    I also noted that a Phil Collen model had a slightly different headstock than the one Phil had on a poster (even less strat like)

Comment

I love that 25th with the Floyd.

Comment

That guitar is beautiful, I'm gonna have to get a replica or something, that's just stunning.

Comment

Add a neck PU - SC or hum, I don't care - and that Floyd'd beauty would be my ideal next strathead.

Comment

I would love to see them offer a limited run with factory Floyd, 1 hum, maple 22 fret neck and finished in the same color as Ralph's 25th Anniversary Charvel. That be cool...

Comment

I agree with shreddermon add a neck PU and I'd have to have one! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X