I think this still has the record...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this still has the record...

I think this still has the record for being the most expensive Charvel part to sell on ebay at $600 plus.

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: I think this still has the record...

Why did you spend 600 on a plate? Dude all that does is inflate the prices? Why is that worth more than say plate #2098? cause its a lower number? It holds a neck on a guitar?

Comment

settle down there Chad....

This was sold on ebay....and no I didn't buy or bid. I was just going through my ebay notes (I try and track prices) and found the pic/auction....NO I didn't buy it but to my knowledge it still a record and obviouly worth it to the new owner but I agree with ya - it is not worth any where near that to me. But to each their own....
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

sorry miss read. better living through chemistry these days. still too damn much

Comment

I see a lot of these plates for sale on Ebay...

Can someone please explain exactly what the new owners are doing with them? Are they making re-pops and selling them as original or is it just for project guitars?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I see a lot of these plates for sale on Ebay...

Can someone please explain exactly what the new owners are doing with them? Are they making re-pops and selling them as original or is it just for project guitars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Some buy these loose plates to complete a parts or project guitar, I have done this myself (Charevl 1993 and 5046); some have rebuilt the guitar around the loose plate (a few examples in JCF gallery of this), again most people disclose this and it is not a big deal; BUT unfortuantely others use loose plates for evil. For this reason, it is important to remember the number never know when it will resurface and what the story will be!!

Comment

Working...
            X