Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I've given up on the new stratheads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I've given up on the new stratheads...

No, I don't mean the neck profile debate. Let's not even go there in this thread, please.

After waiting a couple of years and after several limited edition models, I'm moving on to the "acceptance stage". [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I think Charvel is just NOT likely to ever produce a limited edition strathead that appeals to me. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I see the strategy for the new stratheads - go for the old school / collectors market niche. Appeal to them with the "classic" Charvel specs. Single hum superstrat, brass vintage trem, cool graphics, etc. Premium price, but not as bad as buying an original SD. (And, let's face it, the EVHs are a different animal altogether - more of an artist's signature model anyway, so let's leave them to the side.)

Now, admittedly, it's been a pretty smart strategy so far. The LE stratheads have been fairly successful. But that won't ever appeal to what I'd like - a versatile "player's guitar". And, by that, I mean having a multiple PU arrangement for tonal diversity and Floyd Rose for tuning stability. ...Is that too much to ask? And I'm flexible, too. HSS, HS, HH, non-recessed, etc. I don't care! But, if they built it, I would come. (Lord knows they'll never give us what we really want - custom order stratheads. [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img] )

...Yeah, yeah. I heard the rumors about the strathead star at NAMM. But that's EXACTLY what I mean! They might do one with specs that appeal to someone like me, but with the wrong body style! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now, nothing against stars. They're very cool designs. But IMHO, that body style always looks better with a pointyhead anyway, so strathead + star = does not compute for me. It's like they're forever going to dabble around the edges of my preferences, but never give me what I want. ...Freakin' teases! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So I'm moving on. The mojo just ain't there for me anymore. They've officially lost me on this dealio. Strathead, schmathead. Very, very disappointing. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] ...Oh well. I always preferred the pointyhead neck profile anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyone else as disappointed by all this as me?

Re: So I\'ve given up on the new stratheads...

I'm disappointed as well, even though I have a 25th as to me a Floyd is what I associate with Charvels (I know that's not necessarily the case, certainly in terms of volume of sales).
    I'm hoping and praying for a Ltd maple board / one piece strat-head hot rod flames with floyd to be announced, but I fear it's going to be a long wait!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

The other thing is that the old-school market for re-pros can't be that huge otherwise all of the 25ths and Ltds would have sold, and I can think of a least 3 of each type which are still sitting in a store....

My personal call would be for Charvel to 're-issue' some of the famous Charvels where copyright allows, such as the Warren D & Jake guitars, Green Meanie, maybe a relic Holmes star etc, but again, probably just wishful thinking...

Comment

I too feel your frustration...

I want a 2 hum (cream), metallic purple, maple neck, stock trem strathead in the WORST way. I don't want a floyd, and I don't trust the pointy to stay in tune with the stock trem (plus I like the look of the strathead better anyway).

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          The other thing is that the old-school market for re-pros can't be that huge otherwise all of the 25ths and Ltds would have sold, and I can think of a least 3 of each type which are still sitting in a store....

My personal call would be for Charvel to 're-issue' some of the famous Charvels where copyright allows, such as the Warren D & Jake guitars, Green Meanie, maybe a relic Holmes star etc, but again, probably just wishful thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, maybe not .. No one ever beleived they would do them at all .. now they have done limiteds ..so maybe someday we'll get our wish ..
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Cool....More for me......LOL

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I love retro Bullseye but I hear you and sort off feel the same.
              Maybe when the EVHs and left over BE/25th/Star are gone they might, just might offer another Strathead. Chances are that it will not satisfy every sector out there, but it may appeal to some as they always do.

The pointys are cool and killer axes on their own right. But IMHO, searching on my memory 80's banks I always associate Charvel with Stratheads.

Stay tuned.
              Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, maybe not .. No one ever beleived they would do them at all .. now they have done limiteds ..so maybe someday we'll get our wish ..

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 Never thought we would see an s-head, period so you never know.

Until then, be happy with the pointies which kick major @ss IMHO! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Patience bros,I truly believe great things are coming!!

Comment

Man , I hope you are right . My order"s" would be in immediately .
                    Oh stick this in your fuse box ..... Bon Scott

Comment

I am with Chuck. I think the Custom shop will eventually add the S-head as an option, A very expensive option! (like $400)
                      But many would pay it I think... Mark

Comment

Oh yeah, I think many people would pay that sort of price for a strat head, and as someone in the copyright thread said: FMIC are only there to make money....

I guess there is the issue of a generally available strat-head devaluing the ltd runs, or reducing interest in rival Fender output though

Comment

I think they would be better served with a "limited custom" program: allow custom orders of a limited number of stratheads per year (25, or whatever). They can keep the market under control, keep maket cost high,...whatever is their current strategy. I think if the reissues don't sell is because a lot of people who have the money take a look at what's being offered and say "eh, not for me." If they really want to make money on this, which I know they do, they're going to have to be a little flexible. People outside the J/C community aren't exactly banging on the doors demanding stratheads (maybe they will, who knows?)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Oh yeah, I think many people would pay that sort of price for a strat head, and as someone in the copyright thread said: FMIC are only there to make money....

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh Yeah FMIC is a business,no?

Comment

Oh you know, damn capitalist pigs, wanting to make a living.We should do it for the art, blablabla

Comment

Working...
                              X