Blood n Skull...a cool graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood n Skull...a cool graphic

Here are a few pictures of the first pointy I acquired for my collecion that had a factory Floyd. Great starting point IMO and I was thrilled as it had a cool graphic to boot. A few interesting facts, if you look at the close up pics of the body you will see areas where the clear coat has lifted from the skull graphic. I see this "bubbling" from time to time on some of my other Charvels as well.

The Skull graphic is one of the more common metal themes (graphics) yet each skull was unique. This particular one has wide/big eye sockets andless pronounced fangs compared to others I have sen and own. That is another thing I like about Charvels, each one was truly unique. It is great for us anal people...as I like noting trends and especially subtle diferences.

Obviously this Charvel was inspired by Warren and has a sligtly beefier neck than my other pointies. Shes been well played over the years but still kicks ass. I have the work order for this guitar and she was order in Missouri (St. Charles Guitar Exchange). In fact I have several in my collection taht were initially sold at that store.

This raises a question, how many authorized dealers were there back on the day....obviosuly we know of several large dealers, No 1 in Germany, Sam Ash, Guitar Center, Gracin's, Venemens, Thorobreed Music etc....

Anyway enjoy the pics...any questions, ask away

Enjoy.

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: Blood n Skull...a cool graphic

As usual, another killer Charvel - is the clearcoat lifting because of a reaction to the paint used for the skull, or is that just coincidence?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

not sure but I think it is a coincidence...I do see fairly routinely, small bubbles (very small areas) in the clearcoat on quite a few Charvels but usually they are very small.
      This one is the extreme case, and it may be the result of location, as I hit that area with my strumming hand when I play.
      Cheers
      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

Could it be that on guitars such as this one the finish could not be scuff sanded before clearcoating (like they do on usual jobs) so the finish doesn't have anything to bite into, so it seperates in time?

Comment

Nice guitar -- I tend to agree with Jim -- Makes a lot of since due to details in the graphic that might get sanded off prior to clear coat. Good Call Jim

Comment

Nice guitar...

I remember seeing a pointy blood and scull at Sam Ash on LI. I was thinking of buying another Charvel at the time and I remember now how I was struck by how the graphics had changed from the "line and circles" to actual graphics. A year or 2 earlier all you saw was striped, chevron, spiderwebs, bullseyes... Then came the graphics like this and the other Ratt guitars, bengals etc. That is not to say that early one they did not have graphics, but for the most part they were very simple. The HRF being a true exception.

I should have bought the bengal then. I am looking at a zebra now that may be my first pointy...
            It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Here is another pic showing her with another maple board w/factory floyd and a skull graphic. I prefer eth skull with blood over just the skull...

Comment

I agree Tracy... You should sell that plain one.. It is a blemish on your collection... Want me to take it off your hands? j/k..

I like the plain one, it is less violent...
                It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I like the skull buy itself (see avatar!).
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I know Drome Sound in upstate NY (2 locations) was an authorized dealer. They had every graphic, Strathead and pointy you could imagine! Couple bullseye stratheads, TMNT graphic Jacksons and they had a "Tommy Gun" Jackson! Man those were the days. Shreddermon should remember. The walls were lined with Charvies and Jacksons.......Excuse me while I shedd a tear.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Sam Ash in Manhattan had one in 1985 as well.

Comment

That has always been one of my favorite graphics. That and a bengal are hard to beat. Thanks for the pics. Outstanding!

-Mark

Comment

also one of my favorite! A true legacy from those Metal Years! plus Factory Floyd......you're killing me man!

thanks for sharing!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Anyway enjoy the pics...any questions, ask away

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, would you ever sell this to me? Sure would look good with my Warren replicas. Just kidding, Tracy. Killer guitar.

Do you also see other work orders with Akron Music on them?

Comment

Working...
                            X