Rising Sun Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising Sun Pictures

This is a "parts" guitar assembled from the parts of two different Charvel guitars. Those knowing me realize I am extremely anal about having all my Charvels be 100% original and match the factory work order and log information at Jackson. However, I have realized that although she is not as she was when she left the factory; (pieced together from different Charvel guitars) she is still a KILLER player and a totally awesome sounding Charvel guitar. I am thrilled to have her in my collection.

If you look at the vintage tremolo area, you can see two holes (on either side of the trem) which were the anchor posts left from an earlier Floyd Rose modification. No biggie as it is a player and she sounds GREAT. When Craig sold me the body, it had the serialized neck plate #3404 attached. Serial number 3404 however, was listed blank in the factory log book so no information was obtained from Jackson. I later sold the now loose neck plate and used a plate that I later purchased.

This was a fun project for me and it worked out well. I was lucky in that both the body and the neck were both fully complete when I got them. I simply slapped them together added a vintage tremolo and bolted on the neck plate.

I know some are surprised that I have "parts or mutt" guitars in my collection, in fact I have 2 parts Charvel guitars and they both sound/play great. The real cool thing is that I had a blast assembling them.

Enjoy the pics...

www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: Rising Sun Pictures

Looks good to me - is it my eyes or are the singles screwed down waaay low?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Wicked neck on it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      But for some reason i'm not feeling the gold. I would like it a lot more if they were silver or nickel
      Sweet graphic though.
      Good to see you Trace....
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Looks good to me - is it my eyes or are the singles screwed down waaay low?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yelp the middle single coil is screwed all the way down as it interfers with my playing. Hey Nelli, give me a ring when you are in Boston..maybe you can drop by and check some of them out!!!

Superfly...agree with ya that the gold trem stands out a bit more..this guitar had a chrome Floyd on it and it looked hot. I believe Larry Langell owned this one at one time then sold it to Craig who parted her out.

Because this neck shifts a lot I may slap a Floyd back on it again in the future...w/a pointy neck??
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hey Nelli, give me a ring when you are in Boston..maybe you can drop by and check some of them out!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

SURE SURE, stiff me why don't ya !
          J/k bro....although i'd pay 100 dollars to play that Marilyn... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Tracy: If that was a serious offer, I might just do that. I don't want to hassle you as I'm not sure of our itinery or whatever yet, but if that would be cool with you, drop me a PM.....
            Cheers
            Ian
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

yelp it was serious...PM sent

Comment

superfly...email me or PM me...lets see if I can not get you hooked up with marilyn...

Comment

Awsome pics!!! Glad to see you posting them again.

Comment

Working...
                  X