New Pointies vs. Original SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Pointies vs. Original SD?

Bottom Line: If you´re not in it for the collectors value or because you have a "true San Dimas" dildo up your bum, then the New pointies are every bit as good as the originals, with the exception that it´s harder to get shafted (if you´re into that) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Please stay away from my bum [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have question.I keeping hearing the San Dimas and early Ontario Jacksons are just Jackson label Charvels.How much truth is there to this?.Are they the same except the name on the headstock?.I have never played either one so I have no idea.But I should have a early Ontario with a SD route by the end of the week or early next week.I am asking because if I like the way it feels I might just jump on the Dweezil Charvel if there are any left by then.
        Mike
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I guess I'm one of the few that hasn't tried a new one yet. There isn't a store around here (Sacramento) that carries them. I am eager to try one. The old ones were great, but I really want to try these.

-Mark

Comment

I've got an '84 Pointy as well as one of the new Stars and a 25th. The new Guitars every bit as good as the originals and are just awesome in my opinion. I'm going to order up a San Dimas as soon as the finances allow, as they are pretty expensive here in England, even though I am a dealer!!!

Comment

I have a few SD pointies and I ordered a custom a few months back. Should be here in 6-8 mons. After playing Ralph's new pointy at Matts head to head with a couple of '83 pointies before he bought it, all I can say is I cant wait to get the custom!
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I have question.I keeping hearing the San Dimas and early Ontario Jacksons are just Jackson label Charvels.How much truth is there to this?.Are they the same except the name on the headstock?.I have never played either one so I have no idea.But I should have a early Ontario with a SD route by the end of the week or early next week.I am asking because if I like the way it feels I might just jump on the Dweezil Charvel if there are any left by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just discussing this with Chucksplatter this morning. I have an early Ontario Jackson(San Dimas Plate) and the neck on it is almost identical in feel to my 83 San Dimas Charvel Bengal. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just discussing this with Chucksplatter this morning. I have an early Ontario Jackson(San Dimas Plate) and the neck on it is almost identical in feel to my 83 San Dimas Charvel Bengal. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool and thanks for the reply.Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive.
                  Mike
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Also, the "last" SD plated Charvels had Jackson logos. Apparently they just used what they had for parts. Does anyone know if the early Ontirio Jackson's have full brass sheilding in the control cavity like the Charvels?
                    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                    X