This ad defined 80's guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This ad defined 80's guitar

This ad had it all, the manatory backdrop of the wall of amps (Marshalls were generally the weapon of choice), wild pants (spandex could also be substituted), a bright colored guitar, guitar virtuso (also known as shredder or guitar god), and oh yeah a cool Charvel!!! 80's baby....
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Re: This ad defined 80\'s guitar

LOL! Nice pants!
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I always loved that pic!

Comment

I wonder, if he was playing for Dave or Alcatraz?
        No specific reason...just wondering.
        Anyboy know?
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Heh. They're the same pants he's wearing in the other pic:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...?Number=435659

Soap, that photo was used in the 1987 Carvin catalog, after he'd joined DLR. Though I guess it's possible the photo was taken while he was still in Alcatrazz--I think he was wearing more mascara in his DLR-era photos. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That shot looks like it was taken during the making of the video for "God Blessed Video", although it's been a while since I last watched that!

Comment

I remember tht picture and even bought an X100 head back then too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Is it me or do the 12th fret dots look a little too far apart? May just be the picture...
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

that is from god blessed video , cuz the carvins disappeared with d.l.r.

Comment

Interesting. What did he use with DLR? Anyone know?

P.S. Man, would I love to get a concert DVD from the DLR Eat 'em and Smile tour. Throw in DLR's very entertaining videos and make it a box set. I'd be first in line if that was available.

Comment

Imagine that same photo, but with a bengal!
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Ive got a botleg of DLR on the eat'm tour.Its pretty cool but not very close to the stage.Still seeing Via and Sheehan rip it up is cool as hell.I bought it on ebay.There would have to be someone selling it there.

That pic was taken in 1985 when he was in alcatrazz.Always thought that looked cool, green pants and all.

Comment

with DLR he was using, at least onstage, cabinets made by flagg systems, which were basically the same cabs used on the fair warning tour by VH. and i think he had some Jose modded marshalls...

Comment

Dinky jackson man had one of those marshalls, maybe he can help.

Comment

Someone made a comment awhile back about how stage clothes (shirts, pants, headbands etc...) often had similar style graphics as found on guitars back in the 80's.

What came first, graphics on guitars or on clothes?
                            www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                            My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I think EVH came First with his w/r Stage dress and the original Frankenstein.

...so that would essentially make them twins [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X