Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar room pics...

[ QUOTE ]
    And put my name on that Amber bird pls, Joel's got enough! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That doesn't belong there anyway, it just seems out of place, ya know... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

will do Pat...as soon as I laid eyes on this particular firebird (it was posted up on GMW's site) I knew I had to have it (yeah I know I say that a lot!!). This was one of the ones made in the last batch at Jackson and had all the features I loved. Now all I had to do was try and haggle on the price because since Jackson said no to making any future guitars based on the Gibson shapes, the price for birds doubled which sucked.

After unsuccessful trying to haggle with Lee (as anyone ever haggles successfully with Lee?), I could not resist and paid the ransom price to bring her home. She is very cool and I don't regret spending the cheddar...the way I see it she was basically what I would have custom ordered given the chance so I got lucky. Bummer Jackson no longer does the Gibson shapes.

Here is another pic
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Trace,
      Do you still have that Beatles guitar? What is the story behind that one?
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Trace,
        Do you still have that Beatles guitar? What is the story behind that one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Still got her...it was a Gibson DC200 in cherry burst that I bought for a song from a LA pawn shop. She had some ugly stickers on the face which had reacted with the finish. The finish was basically ruined so I sent her off to GMW for a refin. Asked Dan to make her look like Rick Nelson's Hamer.

She now sits on a guitar stand near my computer. I will try and take some other pics to show some of my other guitars lying around the place.

Here is a pic of the Beatles guitar.
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

That is just wonderful.... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Nice Tracy! Thanx for the added drool! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just keep me on that list... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

when are you at work? the hours that is?
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

tracy are you doing anything special about humidifying the room or anything? I know you said before that a lot of your guitars go out of whack as the seasons change since they are all out of their cases? I am wondering if you had any plans since I'm guessing by the radiator that you don't have central heat/air (the floors and moulding look very nice, btw).

i am going to be setting up a new room as well and I am guessing that the upstairs of this house is going to get very hot in the summer - I'll probably need to get window units for the 2nd floor despite having central air.

Comment

I smell a robin hood lurking in the forest [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Tracy once again great pic's keep em comming

Comment

gtrbuyer, you wouldn't happen to have any large boy shots of the Navy Camo would you? I am working on a camo with a different layout but I like size of the Navy Camo background. I checked the gallery and didn't see it.
                      Just one more guitar!

Comment

Im sure if tracy has any "large boy shots" on his computer, he wouldnt admit to it [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img].Not with the michael jackson trial going on and all [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

If you mean amirs camo, go to www.amirderakh.com , hes got some pics you might be looking for, assuming you were talking about guitars [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          gtrbuyer, you wouldn't happen to have any large boy shots of the Navy Camo would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here ya go...

Comment

I love that grapic!!! I need to get one of my plain guitars out to Lee and have that done on it.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              tracy are you doing anything special about humidifying the room or anything? I know you said before that a lot of your guitars go out of whack as the seasons change since they are all out of their cases?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lance actually I do not have a humdifier sat up in the room although I turn that particular raditor (heater) down low to better control the temperature changes. I never close the door to that room and let the rest of the place control the temp in that room.

And yeah I have 3 real bugger necks that move like the wind. The worse of them being the neck on my parts Rising Sun Charvel and next would be my Gibson Firebird. So those two in particular require constant tweaking and/or adjusting and cause me grief. Kinda lucky that the rest for the most part, are all pretty stable (no need for tweaking).

Dusting is a pain in the arse. I try and play 5 or 6 different ones each nite and when I do I give them a quick dust off before I play them. It works out well and I dig having them out of their cases.

Comment

Guitars in the kitchen

Here is another shot showing some of my guitars around the house. This is the kitchen area. When I moved in there was an empty space between the dishwasher and the wall that held a 7 guitar stand perfectly....what was I to do...it was almost like it was meant to be.

Caution: do not try this is if you are still married!!! It probably will not go over so well with your wife....

Comment

Working...
                                X