Something interesting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something interesting...

Was 'up Gasaholics.. fish here.... A friend of mine showed me some extremely interesting stuff, actually two guitars and I thought I would show a few pics here. There are apparently some pretty cool stories behind these two guitars...

From what I have been told, this Telcaster is one of only two made with a Jackson logo'd tele headstock. Both were made for Steve Stevens, this one was the first.... Steve played it in the studio and then took it back to Jackson and asked for a more vibrant finish of the same thing, so Jackson made him a second one with a brighter sparkle paint and more intense colors and actually gave this one back to the factory..... my friend then ended up with it.... (I guess that's easy when you were working at Jackson huh ??...lol...he didn't go into the specifics of how he got it but I'm assuming he and Grover worked something out...).... From what I've been told, everything else tele head was Charvel logo'd... What is also interesting is that this is numbered with a Charvel plate... I don't exactly know what that means but it is definately weird to see that plate with a Jackson logo...??

What I was told with the Van Halen logo guitar is that it was made for Eddie; the first one made... It was sitting on the Jackson paint shop finish rack when an earthquake occurred... This guitar, along with three others fell and all ended up getting damaged pretty badly... as you can see with this one, a few horns broke off... This being the case, they made Eddie another one, especially since he was supposed to be picking this one up momentarily. The difference was though, that the new one ended up being a neckthru... Again, my friend ended up with this one after it was fixed or at least had the horns glued back... which is how you see it now... From what again my friend told me, he actually asked Grover if he could buy it and Grover said to just take it but he would have to give him an unnumbered plate since he didn't want it on the books....

I gotta tell ya, I almost shit my fish when I saw these....lol...!! I know almost nothing of original guitars and history in regard to the old Charvel's but I can say this, when I saw these, it was pretty cool..!! ...what else was cool was that Dan Lawrence, the famous Jackson painter for people who don't know him, (althoug that is probably very few of us right?? ...lol)....corroborated these guitars which really made it cool.... at least to me...

So enjoy Dudes and Gals ....

Scratch that Fish [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Something interesting...

<font color="aqua">Wow! Thanks so much for sharing and thank your friend as well bro! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

...glad to Budman.....

Fish 'n Fish

Comment

well i don't know what to say except [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow!!Way cool,thanx Ian,very much appreciated!! I've heard a similar story re:the VH logo guitar!!& some late serialized Charvels did have Jackson logos,possibly this was put on the Steve Stevens Tele as it's an artist guitar which means better exposure for the Jackson name!!Great pics,most cool,thanx again bro!!

Comment

I beleive that fish story [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Great story and info -- Thanks

Comment

Another great fish tale, thanks for sharing [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

The next EVH Logo Guitar they made and EVH owned was a set neck..

facts,

Had 27 frets.
                  Jackson Logo.
                  black floyd.
                  set neck

Comment

Pics Hossinator??

Comment

yeah...pics????

I Want a Fish

Comment

Killer pics Ian, thanks for posting them.
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Here are some picture of Mike Shannon and Pat McGarry the builders of the VH Charvel.The top one is the first one made 81/82 and the pictures below of the second one was made in June of 1984

Comment

Ahh yes,I remember those pics,awesome,thanx Hoss!!

Comment

I've got pics of the Jackson VH logo somewhere on my old machine, but that guitar is local to me, and I've held it and played it. The dude wants STOOPID money for it tho... You could almost buy a Porsche with the kind of coin he's looking for. He also says EVH has first dibs on buy back...

I'll see if I can dig em out sometime soon.

Cool axe tho Ian, thanx bro!

Pat

Comment

Working...
                              X